Fat Guy in a Little Boat

8/31 - 9/2. After following all the humbling reports of capsized vessels, and triple checking safety equipment and gear, we managed to sneak a peek into the 9ml and sandy. Managed to go 3 for 10. Not much, but what a ride. Hats off to all you guys that share such a wealth of information. Not just fishing [emoji53] [emoji4] I'm no stranger to the O, head on a swivel at all times!20180831_1620091.jpg10274-MMS-1535766136494-attachment1-20180831_171318.jpg20180902_1313031.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 4

Nice job baller! I wont be able to get out there again until late september after I get back from striper fishing in the Sound.  You may not recognize me next year, it looks like I will be upgrading to something with a motor, sadly these shoulders are starting to feel their age

33 minutes ago, greenhornet73 said:

Haha imagine the looks I get in the yak when I fish the “trench” in 120’ on a calm day out in front of camp and hooked up on a fish. Doesnt matter if I’m in 7’ of water or 140’, that vest doesn’t come off regardless of the temps.

Vest or no vest. at least a few on here must question your sanity!

• Like 1

I totally agree Lucky, that's why not many here will acknowledge me. So let me say this to all who read this.
To the weekend warrior's who think, " if he can do it, so can I ", Safety..Safety. ..Safety! I feel horrible for all the lost souls. Thought, and talked about it all weekend. I've been all over, and do all my homework. BUT.....no matter how prepared you may think you are, no one is ever ready for catastrophe. I totally respect you skippers out there.

Nice job, you’re doing well out there. I know it’s not easy dragging multiple lines and fighting a fish while keeping the boat on course, well done! How deep were you trolling out there?  I’m hoping to get one trip of inshore trolling before the big runs begin

Thanks Hornet. It's one of those years that every squirrel finds a nut, lol. If you're going to hit it, get out there. Fish moved in tight since last weekend. I stayed at 70 - 80 , was targeting browns with smaller spoons but the kings were so thick you couldn't. Riggers at 50 and 60, and 1 dipsey at 125 - 150. Colder water on bottom, with bait balls. Fish were still silver.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Low Baller said:

So many fish, so little time emoji22.png

Yeah tell me about it, I’m actually a little stressed out trying to fit in all the species I can in only a couple months time.  I have to remind myself that a couple solid trips is more enjoyable than a bunch of run and gun empty handed missions that just waste time and gas and piss off the wife 

• Like 1

Coming back tomorrow with a friend. Hoping to get in 1 last run for the season. Heard fish are real tight, but I prefer to get out a little. Not big on j plugs, but not afraid to mix it up. Any advice would be appreciated. Prefer to target trout, or eaters. Thanks

I can do that wasn't sure how far back. Pretty much same gig as browns. I have a planer mast with otters. Should I bring it? Or keep it simple stupid. I can use the dipsey rods like out riggers. There 10'6. Thanks.[emoji106]

Simple stupid is my style...lol. Sometimes I use those little 3/0 dipseys too. Good luck...I hope to get out Friday.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yup, was dream fishing last night. Have a pair of the minny dipseys in my bag of tricks. Thanks. Moon shines it is. Still gonna peek out to 140 if she let's me.

LB- Last friday we caught our 22" brown in 80 FOW 45' down. No idea what he was doing there. Off a rigger with FF, green setup. I know things change rapidly but if that's any information that is useful to you or anyone else, go for it. Accidentally caught him when fishing for kings. 

I am a little less traditional with my six rod setup- my planer board rods are actually set up for shallow kings, i use a size 2 tadpole with FF or Flasher spoon combo. I can usually get them down 25-30', so i figure it would be good for rainbow or browns. I haven't caught anything on them since July though. I feel wrong not having 6 rods out lol Next year they will be copper setups i think. 

Good luck!