Cayuga Cayuga 9/3

Good points Les but I'm referring to the fact that in today's day with the internet and this forum assuming you pick a finger lake that has any fishable population of trout and salmon it's not difficult to catch a fish or two even if the lake isn't on fire like Cayuga. Keep in mind 4-6 hrs per fish would be good for a quality finger lake walleye...

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I agree Justin and my comments were intended as general ones for the benefit of folks that might not be as familiar with the lakes, and not meant to question your comments either...:smile: Each of these species and lakes has its own learning curve too;some much steeper than others:lol:

Edited by Sk8man

I can say for sure that LOU has sped up the learning curve for me. That said, it's all relative and a successful outing should be by your own definition, not another fisherman's. Don't be afraid to experiment but more importantly document your successes and be sure to replicate!  Speaking to Cayuga: I've only fished it once recently. I was amazed by the population of bait and game fish we found in a 2 mile stretch.  2 rods was plenty for the morning and goby patterns seemed to outproduce everything else.  

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, Reel Doc said:

That's just great.  Every Fall I sit in my tree stand talking to myself and asking Mr Big Buckntoncome walking in to bow range.  Now your telling me the key to fishing success is singing "Here fishy fishy"!!

Ok, my winter boat is almost done being revamped Greg and then we'll get out on Cayuga and Skan. She's got big boards, down speed and temp and we'll hunt some silver!

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, justtracytrolling said:

Good points Les but I'm referring to the fact that in today's day with the internet and this forum assuming you pick a finger lake that has any fishable population of trout and salmon it's not difficult to catch a fish or two even if the lake isn't on fire like Cayuga. Keep in mind 4-6 hrs per fish would be good for a quality finger lake walleye...

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I always figured fishing for walleye in the Fingers was a bit like going to church to hook up. I mean yes it happens but when you can go to Erie and do a 3 man 18 fish box in 3 or 4 hours, well....