$2,000 limit graph

scobar

Look at the outputs on a carbon or a helix or any ducer that comes with a better than middle of the road finder and match it to a airman, the difference in price to go with the airmar ain’t there, unless you want to have downscan on while running WFO throttle. My cousin is a commander on a navy battle ship, he knows his crap on sonars which there’s 2 brands that are used by both us civilians and military and we went over this the last time he was home. The only way with today’s transducers you’ll benefit from a airmar is if fishing is your livelihood or you want to see bottom past 300ft at 50mph. Or if your a serious laker fisherman and want to see the fish take your bait in 300+ft of water. All those crazy letters and numbers he knows exactly what they mean. I’m going to up grade this winter but will run the factory ducer.

18 hours ago, scobar said:

Good point

Sent from my SM-T280 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'll let you guys know how it turns out but according to some folks who should know the Airmar TM-260 installed correctly on high end sonar units will enable me to id fish/bait at search speed. That's what I'm shooting for with my HDS 12/ TM 260 combo, guess I'm not really interested in any thing less than that

I'll let you guys know how it turns out but according to some folks who should know the Airmar TM-260 installed correctly on high end sonar units will enable me to id fish/bait at search speed. That's what I'm shooting for with my HDS 12/ TM 260 combo, guess I'm not really interested in any thing less than that
Is search speed on plane, if so I may look harder at that.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The carbon 9 is a great unit. This was my first year with it and I was still learning how to fine tune it at the end of the season. It has a lot of possible settings and it will take awhile to get used to.
The first pic shows my 3 cannon balls and my slider at 30 ft.IMG_2658.JPGIMG_2875.JPGIMG_2890.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I still cant decide between the Lowrance carbon 9 and the Humminbird Solix 10 mega SI. 

One question is if I get the Airmar ducer for either unit is there a port to hook it up without loosing the side or down scan

On 9/28/2018 at 9:49 PM, pete277 said:

The carbon 9 is a great unit. This was my first year with it and I was still learning how to fine tune it at the end of the season. It has a lot of possible settings and it will take awhile to get used to.
The first pic shows my 3 cannon balls and my slider at 30 ft.IMG_2658.JPGIMG_2875.JPGIMG_2890.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What transducer are you running with your Carbon 9?

Using the totalscan transducer. The bottom pic is using downscan overlay. I just started playing with that setting before I pulled the boat out. Haven’t even tried the sidescan yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Using the totalscan transducer. The bottom pic is using downscan overlay. I just started playing with that setting before I pulled the boat out. Haven’t even tried the sidescan yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
Nice! I just picked one up a few weeks ago for winter install. Glad to see your post

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My first year with HDS Carbon 9 is wrapping up . I went with an Airmar TM150 transducer reccomended for the kind of fishing i do. Open water trolling in 50-450 fow on L.Erie and L.Ontario. Was told  don't waste money on SI and DI . Overall very happy!!  Abit of a learning curve for old guy like me. Was on phone a  few times with there techs. I can almost play it like a fiddle now. I've had Lowrance on my boats for about 30 years and unlike many I've been very happy. There a leader in  Marine technology just look at what the fishing pros have on there boats. JMHO.

• 2 months later...