$2,000 limit graph

scobar

How about a very good clean used Lowrance LCX-113C HD with a BRAND new Airmar transom mount ducer.

http://support.lowrance.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3310&SOURCE_RELATED_ARTICLE=true

Text or call frank @ 315.447.4020 

Edited by HomeOffice

What kind of boat/motor? What kind of fishing? Any other functions you want (ie. side/down imaging, autopilot, engine monitoring)?

19’ outboard, jigging and trolling, no engine monitoring needed, down scan for sure, side nice but not needed, very good transducer is a must

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I would look into a Humminbird Helix 12 MEGA DI CHIRP for the full $2k, If you wanna save some money you can look into the Helix 10 ($1300) or even 9 ($1000)... But MEGA DI CHIRP sounds like what you want. Both the 10s and 9s are offered with the MEGA DI transducers and both are CHIRP units.

Edited by FishingFool34

6 minutes ago, Frogger said:

You should be able to find a decent unit for 1k, ( don’t listen to those Furuno guys lol) then get some new fishing gear at January’s expo with the other 1k. Tell her it came as a package lol.

That January show gets me every year, last year it was Smart Troll. I agree to the $1K but want to look a little higher, maybe its the t ducer that is the best upgrade, I don't know at this point. 

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I doubt anything you have now will perform much better with just a new transducer. Most of the benefits of the new units are a combination of better/faster processing along with a better transducer. CHIRP is in the headunit so a new transducer wouldn't get you CHIRP in an old unit. However, MEGA imaging is in the transducer, but a MEGA transducer will not provide a non MEGA headunit with the MEGA imaging.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FishingFool34 said:

I doubt anything you have now will perform much better with just a new transducer. Most of the benefits of the new units are a combination of better/faster processing along with a better transducer. CHIRP is in the headunit so a new transducer wouldn't get you CHIRP in an old unit. However, MEGA imaging is in the transducer, but a MEGA transducer will not provide a non MEGA headunit with the MEGA imaging.

I miss spoke, I will be upgrading both and all you mention is a must. A lot of units I see come with the transducer, so I do want to look at a unit with a tducer as an option then maybe go Airmar w it. 

How about a very good clean used Lowrance LCX-113C HD with a BRAND new Airmar transom mount ducer.

http://support.lowrance.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3310&SOURCE_RELATED_ARTICLE=true

Text or call frank @ 315.447.4020 

Link is bad

Sent from my SM-T280 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Helix 10 mega si... did a lot of research most bang for your buck plus it has the autochart which allows you to make your own Maps using actual depth as you go. Check it out, did a lot of research and I found this unit offered the most bang for the buck

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going lowrance carbon 9, mostly due to size compared to the Helix, they are pretty big for the same screen. My next question is get a factory transducer or an Airmar, don't need side scan but I guess it nice to have. Most fishing ontario trolling, erie trolling, casting and jigging

1 hour ago, scobar said:

I think I'm going lowrance carbon 9, mostly due to size compared to the Helix, they are pretty big for the same screen. My next question is get a factory transducer or an Airmar, don't need side scan but I guess it nice to have. Most fishing ontario trolling, erie trolling, casting and jigging

HDS 9 + Airmar -260 BL (probably be a bit less than 2k if you don't get the carbon)    'spend for the glass close to what you spent on the rifle'

Edited by chowder

I just bought an hds 9 carbon with total scan transducer for 1699 as they are clearing them out. I wanted to go airmar but saw just enough online commentary expressing difficulty to make me decide to go with the total scan and dip a toe i to the airmar at another time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 9/8/2018 at 10:07 PM, hard knox said:

I would not spend 2 grand on a sonar i spent 450.00 on a dragon fly pro 7 makes my Helix look like a piece of junk i would use the left over case for a fish hawk and other stuff you might need .

Just added the fish hawk X4D and a 4 stroke kicker with the old Lowrance elite 9. Those 2 items turned this year into a year to remember!!! Used down image and X4D that’s what made my year. I can see bottom rocks I know I’m in eye turf and the right speed. There’s not a doubt in my mind the most important instrument on my boat is the hawk. For years I’ve been dragging shyt around this LakeO at unknown speeds at times I was going over 3mph gps to get my speed at the ball right. Things are only going to get better in marine electronics. Every time the military lets old tech out we benefit.