Experience with fishingbigstore.com?

KeithVT

Way I see it is that if the $32 order I placed doesn’t show up, I get the money back from PayPal, if I get it, I got a good deal on the item. No risk situation. I changed my PayPal info after the order JIC. All that said scam is currently what it seems like. I’m on business day 24 since order placed and no item.

Might want to start the refund process.  When Frank Kittrick from Amish Outfitters says that they are offering his products below wholesale and have no account setup makes a solid scam confirmation.  Think he is right about them “pirating” descriptions and layout from FishUSA as well.  There aren’t the margins in this stuff to offer those discounts along with free freight.  

I hear you. It's a mystery to me how something like this can exist. My guess is that there will be a fair number of folks who end up scammed. Maybe PayPal will protect them, maybe not. Regardless, there's somebody on the other end of the computer who knows what they're doing and is taking advantage of our faith in the system. I'm glad that the LOU community helps to publicize this crap, but on a global scale we're all a drop in a bucket. Somewhere, somebody just got duped out of their hard earned cash and somebody else made bank. 

Anyway, I just reported the site on econsumer.gov. The complaint will likely just go into a database where they use aggregate information to spot trends, and I may be pissing in the wind, but at least I did something. I'd encourage anyone with a complaint regarding international consumer fraud to do the same.

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gator said:

I hear you. It's a mystery to me how something like this can exist. My guess is that there will be a fair number of folks who end up scammed. Maybe PayPal will protect them, maybe not. Regardless, there's somebody on the other end of the computer who knows what they're doing and is taking advantage of our faith in the system. I'm glad that the LOU community helps to publicize this crap, but on a global scale we're all a drop in a bucket. Somewhere, somebody just got duped out of their hard earned cash and somebody else made bank. 

Anyway, I just reported the site on econsumer.gov. The complaint will likely just go into a database where they use aggregate information to spot trends, and I may be pissing in the wind, but at least I did something. I'd encourage anyone with a complaint regarding international consumer fraud to do the same. 

:yes: Good going Keith....always worth a shot....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

It's a scam. Ijust found out. The 2 12" big jon pedestals I ordered 2 months ago for $136 Canadian well I never received them so opened a dispute through PayPal. I got refunded $46 so I'm out $90 and paypal won't even talk to me about it. I learned the hard way. DON'T buy anything  from Fishing big store. Fishing big store would not reply to me either before I disputed through PayPal.