Labor Day Weekend - Little Salmon

My boat has been lonely the past couple weekends but after watching the weather reports all week we made the decision to head up.  The weather still looked iffy for the weekend but ended up turning out great.  Only saw one storm roll thru while we were out 8-9 miles.  And after the morning the Lake turned almost flat on Saturday and Sunday.  

Saturday made the mistake of staying in front of the plant all day and couldn't find a fish to save my life.  Finally a bit too late started trolling out to the dunes.  Well there we found the fish and what a motherload.  Soon as we got there the 400 copper went off tangling into the wire dipsy.  Somehow we are able to untwist and land our fist fish.  Unfortunately a little too late as we were unable to box another fish.  

Sunday was a different story after a late start waiting to see if the weather was going to cooperate and getting gas.  We ended the day 8 for 8 with a break for lunch.  Mostly a dipsy bite 250-300 on a 2 1/2 setting in 115FOW.  All F/F combos 2.4MPH on the ball.  Did get a few on the riggers but more hits on the dipsy.  Decided to leave the copper in the cuddy as too many people have no etique when it comes to trolling. 

Monday we decided we are getting out early.  It was dark as we were leaving but still didn't get out early enough when you have to drive 7 miles.  Set the first rod down and I turn around to and first fish on.   Than I guess it was our turn to lose a couple fish.  Two in a row on the wire.  And than landed our 2 fish and called it a day early as we had to ride back to CT. 

So all in all we salvaged a great weekend.  All the fish were on the smaller size but considering there were only a few 30's on LOC derby looks like the pattern is of smaller fish.  Hope to be back up next weekend weather permitting. 

e.jpg

j.jpg

ff.jpg

j2.jpg

scenery.jpg

box.jpg

weather.jpg

Edited by f1sh-0n
  • Like 2