boats on hemlock?

Hi dremarquis, I took a ride down to the north end launch Monday3/12..still iced up clear across to west shore. There is some open water just in front of the north end tile next to the plant..about 400x400feet..not sure why this area never freezes?It is a restricted area for boaters. I think the warmer water gets pushed north towards the outlet creek there. Temps stay up I hope!! Last year within 2 weeks the ice was gone when the temps stayed over 35.I'll check up on it in 4 or 5 days and get back to ya..I know I'm getting VERY anxious too.Can't wait to get after em!! 8) ...chris

• 2 weeks later...

Dremarquis, late combacker..sorry, I stopped down to the north end yesterday3/25, ice is :D gone The only ice that remains is about a mile or so south of the north launch.looks very soft,it won't last more than a few days days,really warm rain is great!! .there were guys fishing in the spillway on the north end tile..not sure for what?? I troll the smithwick rouges in the spring blue silver, anywhere from flat line to 40's..great luck on the laker takers, silverblue,green blue,also a few "custom" painted that fired last spring.. 8) Lookin forward to seein the Hemlock crew this year..good luck guys,chris

Just cruzin the LOU and saw your posts, like dremarquis I got my boat last year late after 7 years out of the sport. Hope to see some of you down there this year. White/Blue 14 foot aluminum boat, black ford p/u. Good luck this season men! John aka Hemlockman!

Hi Chris and John,

thanks for the posts - i have been messing around with my trailer lights for 5+ hours (still haven't got them right!!!) but i hope to make it out to hemlock this weekend - i miss that lake! i have a 16' starcraft, mostly blue and drive a silver honda passport.

i hope to see you/meet you out there this year.

tight lines,

dre

Rewire as SS says is the best way I found. Question, I have a 9.8 merc and am draining the lower unit. Not much oil in there, I know there should be more. My old Evinrude had quite a bit and it was an 18hp. I only see one vent plug at top of lower unit marked flush. Is this where the oil vents from the lower unit, when I fill from bottom plug? Don't have a manual so I don't know exact amount. Thanks. Hope to make it out this coming week if all goes ok. For sure the 3rd or 4th of April.

Almost game time!! Good to hear from you all! Looks like good Friday may be the first trip. Just picked up a new Lowance 522c color fish finder/GPS See you all on the water.

John...I replace the lower gear oil the same way as L.williams

Chuck

hey Steve and all,

i finally got the lights working - YIKES that was alot of work

i am going to try to make it to hemlock saturday, but part of me wants to try seneca for LLs - i've never been to seneca or caught a keeper LL before.

is this a productive time of year on hemlock for trout? if so, would you fish the north or south end?

thanks,

dre

ps - will you be out there saturday steve?