East Winds

djbobert8

Planning on coming up and fishing the Oak next weekend. Looks like it's going to be a few days of East Winds between 6 and 10 miles an hour. Anybody have any idea what this might do to the lake and the fishing? Any insight or info is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thank you for the informative response!

I'm definitely coming up. I was just hoping someone was kind enough on here to possibly share some of their knowledge of what an East Wind does to Lake Ontario.

Not for nothing, but that's 7 days away. I guess you'll just have to come up and find out.

Silverfoxcharters.net

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

it usually brings in cold water.  Fish will be in tight, less than 100 feet of water.  If you go offshore deep you will find the warm water and it will also hold fish but this time of year 100 or less should provide all the action you are looking for.  

East winds are rarely good for fishing or water conditions the further west you get. East winds yesterday had waves build to 4-6’ by 1pm off Olcott rolling along the shoreline.  The oak should have been under the same conditions.  Even staying close to shore was not allowing for any reduction in wave activity. At this time of the season kings will be off the shoreline 100fow or less any wind not blowing a little out of the south gets things pretty stirred up inside. Hope for winds that are at least a little out of the south.