Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

Hunting my friends property in Adams on Saturday. Looks like so-so weather for the muzzle opener.... man im sick of the windy, wet, lousy weather! At least temps are dropping. Looking forward to getting in a stand for the first time this season!! 🦌

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

October 11 an
74 degrees
Hot and humid
SW wind 5-10
Overcast occasion sprinkle

Slow morning for deer. Only a small doe seen this morning. First time hunting this property this year. Pulled cards, so I'll share my findings with you guys. Aggressively moved the stand I was in this morning. Very happy I took the time to do it. The deer have change paths so it was apparent that I needed to do something.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

A3C77417-0D12-4DCD-9CB8-B545EB4C2E77.thumb.png.7474f3ff1ef7505c1eafa88532a854dc.png

Got to the stand at 330, haven’t seen any deer pick up my phone at 6 text my buddy’s and ask if they see anything moving they say they haven’t, and soon as i hit the send button “I haven’t seen ****”.. crash in the woods 30 yards from me I look over and a shooter 10 is there 35 yards behind brush.. grab the bow getting ready for the shot then he looks back to where he came outta and out walks the biggest buck I ever seen.. 35 yards with the range finder.. no clear shots, here comes the 10 point walking the field edge to me I’ve got the big one in mind.. 10 point stops 5 yards out in front for ten minutes shot clear as day, the bigger bucks stops making the scrape and here he comes 25 yards still no clear shot, the ten gets down wind and starts whiffing me.. and both runs off.. heart breaker!

5DF877E5-98E3-4EA1-A3AF-C88EE16F4D90.jpeg

Edited by Roys Boys

9 hours ago, Roys Boys said:

A3C77417-0D12-4DCD-9CB8-B545EB4C2E77.thumb.png.7474f3ff1ef7505c1eafa88532a854dc.png

Got to the stand at 330, haven’t seen any deer pick up my phone at 6 text my buddy’s and ask if they see anything moving they say they haven’t, and soon as i hit the send button “I haven’t seen ****”.. crash in the woods 30 yards from me I look over and a shooter 10 is there 35 yards behind brush.. grab the bow getting ready for the shot then he looks back to where he came outta and out walks the biggest buck I ever seen.. 35 yards with the range finder.. no clear shots, here comes the 10 point walking the field edge to me I’ve got the big one in mind.. 10 point stops 5 yards out in front for ten minutes shot clear as day, the bigger bucks stops making the scrape and here he comes 25 yards still no clear shot, the ten gets down wind and starts whiffing me.. and both runs off.. heart breaker!

5DF877E5-98E3-4EA1-A3AF-C88EE16F4D90.jpeg

That is what is all about and why we are out there.  

One quick eight that got a pass five minutes after I got into the stand, then a couple of does meandering through the thicket. That was the evening fare. I like the cooler temperatures though. 42F and rain this morning could make for an interesting perch tournament on Canandaigua...

• Like 1

October 12 pm

52 degrees
West wind 15 mph
Cool and crisp
Partly cloudy

Just a doe, fawn, and a small buck for the afternoon. They were on their feet fairly early (530 pm) and on the hunt for food. Two coyotes at dusk and that would be it.

IMG_20181012_164323614.jpg

All settled in for the afternoon. My kid is out here also so I can only hope for some action for him. I am in the stand I moved two days ago. It took a lot to convince myself but I am very happy I moved this stand. Much easier approach, much easier to get into, line of sight is better, more importantly it is perfect for a south, SW, or west wind.

We have a couple of piebald on our property, but one of the neighbor's wife has threatened us with bodily harm if we shoot them. I know that they're genetically inferior, but I value my parts too much to take a chance.