Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

It’s been a slow start to the season. About 10 o’clock this morning I had three coyotes come in together. I took out the first one but couldn’t get a shot on the other two. Never recovered the Coyote but the shot was a full bloody pass through and it ran into the swamp. Apparently I still have at least another two to take out. IMG_0676.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I had hair but no blood on my arrow after taking a shot at a coyote this morning. It wasn't a tough shot except for the brush by the edge of the mowed path that the 'yote was traveling. It stopped just prior to walking into my shooting window and I sensed that I was about to be busted. Since I was already at full draw, I tried to poke one through the brush. Here's a picture walking past my trail camera just prior to the shot.

1JyZGHK.jpg

• Like 1

October 14

40 degrees
SW wind 5 mpg
Party cloudy

Perfect morning for mid October. All if today's action happened right at daybreak. Four does and fawns, a buck (that I couldn't identify), and a gobbler. Two fairly active scrapes within shooting distance of the stand.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sat for the first time this season up north for muzzleloader. An unidentifed deer busted out on my walk in. About 30 minutes before legal light I had 3 does walk in front of me, 2 small and a big doe. Big doe goes into the brush before the clearing first so I get ready and shoot her when she walks out. As soon as the smoke cleared I knew I screwed up because the deer laying there was not big. To make matters worse it ended up being a button buck. A little rough on the pride side of things (and knowing I took a potential future stud out) but I know plenty of people that have done it and it’s still more meat than I had in the freezer this morning.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Buddy from camp was in stand for 30 minutes yesterday and saw a buck up on the ridge. He hit the esterus can and he came in on a dime. Best thing is he had his trail cam running on video and caught the whole thing IMG_1323.JPG

‘Bout Time
Mike

• Like 1