Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

1 hour ago, bondouley said:

Need to do some raccoon control out here. 2 sits in this stand this yr and saw 2 different raccoons. One was darker on its back than the other. Now i know why my Turkey population has gone downhill in the last 10yrs. Use to be a flock of 60 to 70 birds now its down to under 30.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you can throw out some Dog Proofs filled with dry cat food on the trails in-between the timber where they den and the fields then you can put a dent in their population.

6 hours ago, bondouley said:

Need to do some raccoon control out here. 2 sits in this stand this yr and saw 2 different raccoons. One was darker on its back than the other. Now i know why my Turkey population has gone downhill in the last 10yrs. Use to be a flock of 60 to 70 birds now its down to under 30.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Look up on YouTube on how to call raccoons. Really cool. 

Last night was almost a complete bust. I saw one lone mature doe at dusk. I wanted to get out of the stand, so I tried to move her on her way by grunting. Instead, she looked up at me and walked straight to the tree! Then proceeded to calmly move downwind and toward the field. Chalk up another win for ozone, I guess.

Last night was almost a complete bust. I saw one lone mature doe at dusk. I wanted to get out of the stand, so I tried to move her on her way by grunting. Instead, she looked up at me and walked straight to the tree! Then proceeded to calmly move downwind and toward the field. Chalk up another win for ozone, I guess.

What ozone system do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I bought an ozone generator off Amazon and I hang my stuff in the back of my truck using a shower curtain rod. Then I simply turn the unit on with the cap closed for ten minutes. I do this two or three times over the course of the season. The clothes either stay hung or go back into my scent-proof bag if I need to shove a dead deer into the back or the truck.

• Like 1

October 17 pm

47 degrees
Partly cloudy
Occasional rain
NW wind 10-20 mph with gusts 35+

Crazy windy this afternoon and that's my blame for the lack of deer sighted. I saw four fresh scapes on the walk in so that was a good sign for things to come.

IMG_20181017_174105682.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Do you have an ozonics or ozone your clothes?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

October 18 am

38 degrees
NE wind 5 mph
Clear skies
Crisp and cold

Apparently I pick the wrong tree this morning. Very quiet morning. Spook one deer walking in and spook one deer walking out.
This past cold front has certainly changed the deer woods. I saw a total of six scapes walking out this morning including one literally at the base of my stand. It's not just scapes popping up every where but also rubs. I saw a handful of new rubs today also. The deer woods is on the verge of chaos!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Locked in and in the area I believe one of my shooters is living. Today's high pressure and temps forced me to try. He frequent this area last year this time if year, and pics lead me to him traveling from this direction. Wind is a bit swirly but fingers are crossed!

Bow hunters nightmare...last night 530 Shoulder shot a nice buck at 12 yards.. pulled back he stopped I put it right on his heart and let it loose.. snap!... shoulder bone.. he walks out 50 yards shakes arrow pops out and stops looks around and starts eating.. 5 minutes pass sees a doe and starts chasing her with a slight limp, he stops keeps eating 630 he’s walking around the field like nothing happend.. clueless I was in the tree.. found the arrow later that night.. arrow went it 2 inches, Broadhead looked like it hit a steel wall ,looked for him but no vital shot... sucks! Big time

Dirt on the broadhead is From me using it as a marker but tips from the deer... fixed broadheads here I come ( rage broadhead in picture) I shoot 70lbs pull back

194BD834-094F-4B76-9BB7-BB74FEBADD18.jpeg

6B5B0082-3B9F-4AB3-86F7-9FB2716C1DF7.jpeg