Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

Bow hunters nightmare...last night 530 Shoulder shot a nice buck at 12 yards.. pulled back he stopped I put it right on his heart and let it loose.. snap!... shoulder bone.. he walks out 50 yards shakes arrow pops out and stops looks around and starts eating.. 5 minutes pass sees a doe and starts chasing her with a slight limp, he stops keeps eating 630 he’s walking around the field like nothing happend.. clueless I was in the tree.. found the arrow later that night.. arrow went it 2 inches, Broadhead looked like it hit a steel wall ,looked for him but no vital shot... sucks! Big time

Dirt on the broadhead is From me using it as a marker but tips from the deer... fixed broadheads here I come ( rage broadhead in picture) I shoot 70lbs pull back
194BD834-094F-4B76-9BB7-BB74FEBADD18.thumb.jpeg.96624a121e0ace1ca7c9400720d73d25.jpeg
6B5B0082-3B9F-4AB3-86F7-9FB2716C1DF7.thumb.jpeg.6ad023c2c64f58a1d924a2539b059132.jpeg

Man that’s a bummer. I think we’ve all done it once or twice. I still am a hypodermic fan. I believe any shoulder shot is a crap shoot no matter what broadhead we choose. Sounds like the deer is probably going to be ok. Maybe you’ll get another shot at him!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Bow hunters nightmare...last night 530 Shoulder shot a nice buck at 12 yards.. pulled back he stopped I put it right on his heart and let it loose.. snap!... shoulder bone.. he walks out 50 yards shakes arrow pops out and stops looks around and starts eating.. 5 minutes pass sees a doe and starts chasing her with a slight limp, he stops keeps eating 630 he’s walking around the field like nothing happend.. clueless I was in the tree.. found the arrow later that night.. arrow went it 2 inches, Broadhead looked like it hit a steel wall ,looked for him but no vital shot... sucks! Big time

Dirt on the broadhead is From me using it as a marker but tips from the deer... fixed broadheads here I come ( rage broadhead in picture) I shoot 70lbs pull back
194BD834-094F-4B76-9BB7-BB74FEBADD18.thumb.jpeg.96624a121e0ace1ca7c9400720d73d25.jpeg
6B5B0082-3B9F-4AB3-86F7-9FB2716C1DF7.thumb.jpeg.6ad023c2c64f58a1d924a2539b059132.jpeg

Easton Full metal jacket and a standard muzzy 100 will eliminate this issue also.

I pull 63 lbs. I use the rage chisel tip only. They have a hardened tip. I hit my buck last year fairly similar but was able to penetrate the shoulder just enough to hit vitals. Lucky I’d say but the chisel tip rage are the only rage I’d consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

8 hours ago, Roys Boys said:

I’m shooting fixed for now on.. gonna get threw the season with the hunter pro 300 then switch over to the Easton fmj

You will need to pick a broadhead brand that fit the smaller diameter with the fmj.  

Not a single deer on my way to my Wayne county property. Very strange. Normally there’s a ton on my 40 + mile drive. Hopefully they’re just sleeping in today. Time will tell.....

Set a blind yesterday afternoon. Had a few doe coming in but got chased off by a buck, then two hours later got to watch a small 4 point for 45 minutes. Too small to shoot but got some crappy video at 30 yards. I'd like a crack at this old warrior...

PICT0169.JPG

PICT0172.JPG

Had a busted up 6 walk by me at 30 yards and hung out for 2 minutes. 4 on one side and other side was broken up. 45 minutes later doe and two fawns skirted through. I took video of them all. Action has slowed for me now

IMG_1016.thumb.JPG.e35f34f778f37d3c5382e73c1d78121a.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

Quick question for you guys...Anybody ever get a ticket for parking on the side of the parkway?   I have a few spots I want to check out and parking off the parkway by the treeline would save time walking with the climber.

Thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bswitzer said:

Quick question for you guys...Anybody ever get a ticket for parking on the side of the parkway?   I have a few spots I want to check out and parking off the parkway by the treeline would save time walking with the climber.

Thanks 

Drop your climber in the woods and go park.  My buddy used to lock his climber to a tree so someone wouldn't swipe it while he was gone. 

Thanks 
Yes you will get a ticket. I hunt all along the parkway and have been ticketed before. Now i just pull over put my stand in the woodline and then go park. I just did this the other day

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

IMG_2420.JPGIMG_2423.JPGIMG_2404.JPG

Checking my camera with my son and five very nice bucks these are the three biggest. I had shoulder surgery in June for a torn labrum, rotator cuff and bone shave to open the pocket so no hunting for me only camera watching. Anyone thinking of having shoulder surgery like this it horrible worst pain ever even four months later.

IMG_2420.thumb.JPG.fd83bbe9003619f600c593a0b5afc279.JPGIMG_2423.thumb.JPG.d59c9d5118df42f63859be326959e71f.JPGIMG_2404.thumb.JPG.4fc92efd33565219a317d9509ffd2a57.JPG

Checking my camera with my son and five very nice bucks these are the three biggest. I had shoulder surgery in June for a torn labrum, rotator cuff and bone shave to open the pocket so no hunting for me only camera watching. Anyone thinking of having shoulder surgery like this it horrible worst pain ever even four months later.

Had the same exact thing last year. Absolutely the worst thing I’ve done and I’ve done a lot (ex motocross racer). They clipped My nerve while prepping me for the actually surgery. They told me I’ll be at 60% the first year, 75% by the second and the best I’ll get back is 85% after 3 years. Hang in there. All I can say is do as much PT as possible. I did X Bow last year because i couldn’t pull my bow back. I lowered my draw weight to 52 +/- this year and now am just able to draw it back. Start low and gradually increase it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel believe it or not. Best of luck to you !!!!

‘Bout Time

Mike

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, sectvchamps1113 said:

IMG_2420.JPGIMG_2423.JPGIMG_2404.JPG

Sorry to hear about your shoulder.  Went through it 5 years ago.  All I can say is if your surgeon did a good job you need to embrace the physical therapy with a passion and it will come back for you.  Prior to my surgery I couldn't play catch with my kids never mind draw the bow.  Been able to do both ever since but I still make time to do the exercises that keep the shoulder sling strong.....I'm not ready to give in to a crossbow anytime soon.  😉