Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

9 hours ago, fishmandan said:

Here the story.... got out of the truck at 6:30 and started up the creek with the wind in my face. Climbed over a log and fell in the creek, soaking wet now on my whole right side. My trusty mucks kept the feet dry and I shrugged it off and carried on. 

Clearly, you must roll around in the creek before each hunt going forward.  Congrats on the successful hunt!

Congrats, nice buck!

I was gone with work until the 10th of October and had sold my bow in August and never made time to buy a new one, pretty easy decision I would just hunt my northern zone spot for this year and buy a new 2019 in the spring. Last weekend sitting in the woods with rifle in hand I couldn’t take it any longer and made the decision to buy a new bow Monday after work. Spent a little more than I had planned but I shot as much as I could this week and will be headed down to my southern zone spot this weekend to spend some time in the woods actually seeing deer.

(They say shoot as many bows as possible when looking for a new one. I say shoot one and if you really like it buy that one because the next 4 or 5 you shoot are going to make the decision making process very difficult.)

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just a matter of time. Hardly a coyote, nevertheless bobcat in my area as a kid. My father spent his life in the woods and never saw those things until recently. Ny has a decent moose population now as well. I wouldn't doubt in ten years they will be a concern while walking to your stand in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

12 minutes ago, Reelfanatic said:

Just a matter of time. Hardly a coyote, nevertheless bobcat in my area as a kid. My father spent his life in the woods and never saw those things until recently. Ny has a decent moose population now as well. I wouldn't doubt in ten years they will be a concern while walking to your stand in the dark.

haha, im scared doing it now as it is

Edited by whaler1

I would doubt that. I’ve spent a lot of time in NW Montana and Northern Idaho, cougars need a lot more territory than is offered in all but few parts of NY and they’re not fond of being around people at all.

• Like 1

I’m glad I’m not the only one....lol!!!

My property in 7R has BIG BEARS. The first morning to my stand I had my headlamp on and it created shadows from overhanging branches on the trail. I damn near had to turn around and change my shorts .....

Been a pretty quiet season for me so far. Passed up a lot of little bucks and no real big boys on cameras. But seen this guy the 3rd day of season. And got him on camera. I've Seen him a few times and finally connected with him tonight! Also fingers crossed hopefully closing on a 100 acre property in perinton! next week as long as nothing crazy comes up!! 1603494660_486202.thumb.jpeg.5e6358ea4dcd1e1ea7b47bdab852c726.jpeg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Been a pretty quiet season for me so far. Passed up a lot of little bucks and no real big boys on cameras. But seen this guy the 3rd day of season. And got him on camera. I've Seen him a few times and finally connected with him tonight! Also fingers crossed hopefully closing on a 100 acre property in perinton! next week as long as nothing crazy comes up!! 1603494660_486202.thumb.jpeg.5e6358ea4dcd1e1ea7b47bdab852c726.jpeg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great job Joe. Congrats bud!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app