Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

So I know I have been MIA but that's only because I have been enjoying the past week in Belize. I just got home this morning at 130 and I am planning to be in the stand for the pm. Looks like things are getting better every day. Congratulations to everyone who has put a tag on one.

IMG_20181027_054806883_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

You've got an interesting system. Take the wife on vacation at some exotic locale during the last part of October as a way of stashing away enough brownie points to last the rest of the season. Win-win, cause you don't blow up your stands before the rut. I need to learn from you, Sensei!

PS. Good morning today with multiple doe and a nice eight point buck nose to the ground not a care in the world.

Edited by Gator

You've got an interesting system. Take the wife on vacation at some exotic locale during the last part of October as a way of stashing away enough brownie points to last the rest of the season. Win-win, cause you don't blow up your stands before the rut. I need to learn from you, Sensei!

PS. Good morning today with multiple doe and a nice eight point buck nose to the ground not a care in the world.
That's exactly it. I picked the approx dates and it seems to work great. I can't go anywhere all winter because of snow plowing. I really don't like the crowds or the crazy prices that spring break brings. Summer is just too busy. Fall is my best chance. It's a good strategic play on my deer season also.

Feels like forever but I'm back on stand for the pm portion of the day. It's been 9 or 10 days since my last sit. Seeing social media pics along with the posts on here had me chomping at the bit to get back to hunting. The woods looks very different. Very few crops left to harvest and most if it is standing corn. I heard it has been very rainy and windy for past few days and the walk in was very wet. Leaves have thinned so I finally have a decent line of sight from this stand. The two scrapes close to this set are torn up. Seems like a good night to rattle. Let the fun begin.

• Like 1

Had a 6 pt bulldog his way through the parking lot at work a couple days ago, lol. It was around 1 pm. I work in an office complex.... last place you expect to see a whitetail. Guess things are picking up. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

October 28 pm
42 degrees
SW wind 6 mph
Cloudy
Occasional sprinkle

Felt nice to be back in the deer woods for the first time in over a week. Had a couple of young bucks along with a doe entertain me tonight.
On a side note, I pulled a card tonight and it really could tell the story of what's happening now in the woods. Seeing some quality bucks but all movement has been shifted to darkness. Bachelor groups are finally busted up. because of this I have had one buck disappear from this camera. ( I believe he spends more time on the other end of the property). No doubt doe harassment has started. 4 or 5 instances of bucks chasing does including a mature buck.

• Like 1

October 29 am

42 degrees
W wind 5-10
Cloudy
Occasional sprinkle

Fresh set this morning. This spot seems to really shine during the second half of bow season so I have left it alone.
Had a six point come through. Rub a tree for awhile and then browse his way through. Did 3 rattling sequences this morning with no luck. Lots of fresh rubs and three scrapes all within view of the stand.

IMG_20181029_092824152.jpeg

That picture is also going to be my future. My search Sunday three hours trudging through 2 feet of water in a swamp turned up empty. To make matters worse I pulled the camera 80 yards from the direction he came and got to see exactly which buck he was six minutes before the shot. Unfortunately I’m going to have to go through the rest of the season knowing he was the biggest buck I ever had a chance at. I can only hope he somehow shows back up on camera

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app