Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

November 3 pm

50 degrees
WNW wind 5-15 with occasional gusts 30+
Cloudy

Apparently I should have just stayed home but it's November and I can't help myself. Never saw signs of life at all this afternoon. Not deer. Not a squirrel. Not a chipmunk. Not a goose or a duck or any sort of bird. Nothing. Zero.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good luck today guys... just look at what the wind is forecasted. Complete 180 between 7-10 am. Today could be the day!!! Shoot straight my brothers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
Im just hoping it stays light so the rising thermals help me out. Se winds arent the best for this stand. Might have to move around 9 to my east wind stand

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 4 am

40 degrees
SW wind 5mph
Clear skies

Seemed to be a close to a perfect morning as they get. Heard some grunting on my walk in this morning. Figured it was game on today. Nope. A doe and fawn slipped through really early. Had a young buck cruise through about 815 and another around 915.

IMG_20181104_084620926.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I crashed the party before it got started. Bumped deer walking in an hour before light and it smelled like the big show. Then saw a lone unknown from the stand. This game is giving me a headache.

Hunted all day Friday only to see three scrub bucks cruising but not linked up with does.  Deciding to stir the pot, I sprayed a can of buck-boner along all the golden rod entry trails to a nearby cornfield.  Today there were little bucks harassing doe groups all morning, but no big boys.  My brother was hunting nearby and put a crossbow bolt into a doe.  Doe ran off and the spike with her became frantic looking for her.  Birddogging back and forth for an hour until he found her trail.  The doe ran across a swollen creek and died on the other side.  Remarkably the spike was able to follow the doe trail across the water and ended up with her again.  My brother was shooting a rage and I would have to say I would not recommend that broadhead with a fast crossbow.  The arrow entered in the sweet spot behind the crease 1/2 way up and deflected upward coming out the back strap on the opposite side (deer was shot from the ground).  Not sure if the spike had relations with the doe before it's death march or after it's passing (hey you have to get it where you can) because after chasing off the spike we noted a slight mess around the lady's special area....... ( my brother promised it was not from him).  

Perfect wind for my favorite stand tonight. Got to the woods at 1:30pm, pulled a card from the camera that points directly at my stand....4 bucks on camera from 730 this morning until this guy walked by at 1130am. 2 hours before I got to the stand. Unfortunately I was not able to hunt this morning! Even have a great video of two bucks fighting with the stand in the background at 730 this morning. Not sure if I can upload videos though?Screenshot_20181104-134529_Gallery.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app