Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

Another all day sit. Saw somewhere in the neighborhood of 35. Tons of yearlings with no momma. I'm sure some where repeat visitors. 15 racked bucks and all but 2 were first racks. They were pounding the acorns. Once these does get bread I think it should get hot! To many yearlings on their own in my neck of the woods. These bucks are going to be a search mode.

For anybody that may take meat to Painter's meat processing in Elkland, PA, just a heads up that the owners are retiring in January when they finish their current orders (due to both of them having health issues). They started on their Facebook page that they are not accepting any venison at those unless you have a gift certificate to redeem.

Also, congratulations to everyone that has taken a deer in the past few days!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 8 pm

50 degrees
WNW wind 5-15 mph
Cloudy skies

A few deer tonight. First one was a deer running through and never got a good look at it. Second was a button buck that came in to me blind calling. Third was a big bodied buck but didn't get a good look at the rack because it was dark. Fourth was a single deer I spooked walking out.
IMG_20181108_164053534_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Don’t let that bother you. Deer love the cover and browse that is the result of logging. Deer are also not afraid of skidders or chainsaws. b6817b55dda935cd96d5266dbd2f1391.jpg&key=4e7bf52014647359f4475baae676e4bd59760bc3e18564650b37b0f6a424989b

Could not agree more....Im not sure if the deer get used to the sound of logging machinery or they associate it with tree tops and a tasty food source or both.....however, i have seen many deer on stand( including bucks) while loggers were working close by(within 400+/-yards). You never kno[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

10 hours ago, JakeyBaby said:

Another all day sit. Saw somewhere in the neighborhood of 35. Tons of yearlings with no momma. I'm sure some where repeat visitors. 15 racked bucks and all but 2 were first racks. They were pounding the acorns. Once these does get bread I think it should get hot! To many yearlings on their own in my neck of the woods. These bucks are going to be a search mode.

Sounds like an incredible day!

10 minutes ago, strutnrut62 said:

Just hit a giant 8 rattled him in. 25. Yard shot. Not 100 percent sure on shot looked forward watched him walk off till I lost sight about 100 yards out

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Awesomeness - good luck

November 9 am

37 degrees
SE wind 5 mph
Cloudy
Quiet and cold morning with approaching front at 9 am. Breezy snow/rain mix.

Very quiet and still morning. Bumped two deer walking in. Had another go by in the dark. Certainly sounded like some deer moving in the woods this morning in the dark but nothing once the sun came up. Saw that there is two scrapes tore up on my way out. One is my mock scrape and the other is a fresh scrape. Ugly weather front coming.

IMG_20181109_074525474.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What a morning!! Had two huge deer come by in the dark. One gruntin up a storm. All i could see was silouets. Covered up with mature bucks. Blew it on a big split g2 buck. Doe busted me he was with then he circled around me. Had 40 yrd shot on em but not comfortable with a long poke. Passed shot. He was the 4th mature buck that i just wasnt comfortable with shot on. What a roller coaster ride this season has been! Then i look up at 815 an see a good one cruzin. Hit em with the can an hete he comes. Knew em from trail cam pics an knew he was a shooter. Came to 30 6rd ckean broad side an stoped em an let it fly. Looked like a good hit. Ran off tail tucked hard. Gavem 45 min. Recoverd arrow clovered in bloor then backed out. Gona givem a few hours an go back in......3 rd sit on this property an seen all but one of the mature bucks i had on camera.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bettieanne said:

What a morning!! Had two huge deer come by in the dark. One gruntin up a storm. All i could see was silouets. Covered up with mature bucks. Blew it on a big split g2 buck. Doe busted me he was with then he circled around me. Had 40 yrd shot on em but not comfortable with a long poke. Passed shot. He was the 4th mature buck that i just wasnt comfortable with shot on. What a roller coaster ride this season has been! Then i look up at 815 an see a good one cruzin. Hit em with the can an hete he comes. Knew em from trail cam pics an knew he was a shooter. Came to 30 6rd ckean broad side an stoped em an let it fly. Looked like a good hit. Ran off tail tucked hard. Gavem 45 min. Recoverd arrow clovered in bloor then backed out. Gona givem a few hours an go back in......3 rd sit on this property an seen all but one of the mature bucks i had on camera.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good luck - sounds like a great hit and very favorable recovery!! Send some pics!!