Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

Hard to track a deer when the blood gets covered with snow then melts. Off tracked him for couple hundred yards so far and bloods completely gone since the snow. Grid searching everything now

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

19 minutes ago, strutnrut62 said:

Hard to track a deer when the blood gets covered with snow then melts. Off tracked him for couple hundred yards so far and bloods completely gone since the snow. Grid searching everything now

Deer search numbers:

585-935-5220

585-367-2290

716-648-4355

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, strutnrut62 said:

On my buck I killed on Monday I hit it about 4" back and was nervous of a gut shot so I called deer search right away. They gave me lots of pointers including:

1.) try and avoid stepping all over the deer trail and the blood trail as it interferes with the dogs tracking.

2.) wait 8 hours minimum if you think you gut shot it and back out, back out, back out. Otherwise you are going to push him 2 counties over

3.) mark the trail with survey tape, toilet paper to get an idea of how he's running

4.) Call them early, leave a message and give them as much info on the shot as they might not be able to get back to you right away

Even though I recovered my deer an hour later and only 40 yards from where I hit him (liver shot, slight diaphragm cut and severing the hepatic artery), they were incredibly helpful and willing to give me all the advice I needed.

No luck. Covered the whole block grid searched. I believe I hit him just in front. Of the front shoulder complete pass thru with my 49# long bow. Rattled him in to 2025 yards and. Could say I got alittle buck fever

November 10 am

31 degrees
SW wind 5mph becoming breezy
Clear skies

Close to as perfect weather as you could ask for. Seems like a perfect day to kill a whitetail.
Had a doe fawn come through real early. Certainly a sign that does are breeding. Had a shooter 8pt pop out of the corn about 9 am and make his way about 60-70 yards around me. Grunted to him but he wasnt interested. I noticed he had a heavy limp. i could see any visible injury and it seemed to be a front right shoulder limp. Maybe he just had his a** kicked. Just can't seem to close the deal. IMG_20181110_090933434.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just went out and shot in this wind to check effect on arrows. With a 500 grain arrow and field point, I am getting about 4” of drift at 25 yards. Make sure your shots are close today boys. Heading out soon. 

6 hours ago, dvdegeorge said:

I’d say that buck is not dead

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I would agree to still alive, there is a small window a little back and high where you can right through and not hit anything to put him down. 

This morning deer search WNY had 20 calls, me and my Reddog are dead tired. If you don't see him drop wait a minimum 2 hours, try to only track with no more than 2 people, as said mark the trial 5' off the ground. Gut shot come back tomorrow and you will find him pretty quick, dead.

Good luck and I hope I don't hear from you, just kidding were here to help

Scott

• Like 2