Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

I always stop them if it needs to be done. With that said I ALWAYS aim low, especially in that situation. If they are alert before the shot they are more the likely going to drop. Aim for the heart, if they drop you still have a chance at the lungs.

I always stop them if it needs to be done. With that said I ALWAYS aim low, especially in that situation. If they are alert before the shot they are more the likely going to drop. Aim for the heart, if they drop you still have a chance at the lungs.
X2

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes or No???

Who believes it is best to stop a walking deer (with a simple mouth grunt) before taking the shot? Who believes the opposite and shoots them as they walk through?

I believe the past few deer I have shot at with the bow have jumped the string and ended with bad results.

Thoughts???

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Never .... Unless they are on the chase I will yell at them . I don't want to shoot at a deer and question if I have to aim lower or not. Doesn't make sense. If anyone stops them like that all the time i call them deam season.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This debate can go on and on. Do what you feel works for you. Too many variables play into this late in season. Wind, practice,how long you had to make the shot, adrenalin. If shooting a trophy was easy every one would do it. Keep your head up and smack one. I couldn't get up this am and my neighbor behind be put the smack down on a nice 8. Well back at it tonight.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

4617faadb10962f81daef81d3e4cae0f.jpg

My buddy shot this one at 725 this morning. We were covered up with coyotes, we were looking to get a shot on one of the dogs when he heard a twig snap behind him. Turned and all he saw was horns coming, deer was on him quick, 27yard shot. 60 yard track job. Only deer we saw this morning. This was taken on public land, I found a gut pile that one of the dogs was feeding on. Keep at guys, it’s time for them to be on the move!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Agree on the debate can go on and on. For me though, my pin is on point, then I blat to get him to stop, then boom. If I can’t get him to stop, no loss, if I think he’s going to stop at scent or is hesitant as he walks I wait for the moment. To try and take that shot at him while he’s on the move is more than likely for me, a wounded deer. I’ll pass. Again that’s for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

No rest for the wicked... Back on stand for the pm portion of today. Young buck on his feet and cruising for honeys.

It's amazing with scent control and rubber boots, he still manage to find my walking path in. My tracks in bothered him but walking downwind never did. Amazing nose on these animals. If they had the vision of a turkey and the s*x drive of my ex we would probably never kill one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

4617faadb10962f81daef81d3e4cae0f.jpg&key=8ad7c77d1534384594bb15ee201f1e65b70f30aeef3aa57dde3d645b993890b9

My buddy shot this one at 725 this morning. We were covered up with coyotes, we were looking to get a shot on one of the dogs when he heard a twig snap behind him. Turned and all he saw was horns coming, deer was on him quick, 27yard shot. 60 yard track job. Only deer we saw this morning. This was taken on public land, I found a gut pile that one of the dogs was feeding on. Keep at guys, it’s time for them to be on the move!!!

Beautiful buck!

This morning was pretty slow here, didn't see a deer until 10. 2 big donkeys with a yearling. 15 mins later a cruising 1st rack and that was it. On the downwind side of big bedding now. Action has been unbelievably slow here for me but it's what I got and it's the rut. My target buck is MIA over the last week. Would really like it if he would get his A$$ back home!

Got a new spot today and setup in the only semi decent opening between really thick stuff and food. A lot of buck sign in this clearing (not that it matters much now). Made a bit of noise getting a setup in here but looks promising for future hunts at least.