Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

November 11 pm

34 degrees

SW wind 5 mph

Cloudy

Occasional snow flurries

Crazy evening. Once the clock struck 4 it was game on. 4-7 young bucks, 6-10 does and fawns, and one mature buck. Deer running around all over. 15 minute scrap with two 1.5 year old bucks. The same mature buck with the heavy limp that I saw yesterday morning made his way out of the corn tonight to chase does. Truly amazing to see him limp around but it doesn't stop him from chasing does. He is gonna slip up. Two days in a row and both sightings within gun range. Scrapes were torn up again since yesterday morning also.

Today was easily the best day that I have had in the woods in 2018. Saw 3 mature bucks from the stand. Scraping, sparring, chasing. 10-13 different bucks.

IMG_20181111_161535053.thumb.jpeg.8b2e7deb7fabac19ff613b7432e9a850.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No rest for the wicked... Back on stand for the pm portion of today. Young buck on his feet and cruising for honeys.
It's amazing with scent control and rubber boots, he still manage to find my walking path in. My tracks in bothered him but walking downwind never did. Amazing nose on these animals. If they had the vision of a turkey and the s*x drive of my ex we would probably never kill one.

Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm no die hard deer hunter. After blowing up my shoulder at work, I'm limited to the crossbow these days...
Had a very serious illness about a month ago, and I wasn't sure I'd get out this season... Well, where theres a will, there's a way. Went down to my buddy's camp in Steuben County for a few days this week. I saw a Lot of small bucks... In fact 7 of us bow hunting never saw one of the big fellas they have had on camera... It's like they disappeared.
Anyway... Camp rules...8pts or better and out to ears... Wend morning this fella came by giving me a TV show shot ..21 yards broadside....
A month ago, the Doc told me I should be dead...so this buck means a lot more than the number of inches he scores...
Felt good to get out in God's country... 1107180953.jpeg1107180945_HDR.jpeg1107180952d.jpeg

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Missdemeanor said:

I'm no die hard deer hunter. After blowing up my shoulder at work, I'm limited to the crossbow these days...
Had a very serious illness about a month ago, and I wasn't sure I'd get out this season... Well, where theres a will, there's a way. Went down to my buddy's camp in Steuben County for a few days this week. I saw a Lot of small bucks... In fact 7 of us bow hunting never saw one of the big fellas they have had on camera... It's like they disappeared.
Anyway... Camp rules...8pts or better and out to ears... Wend morning this fella came by giving me a TV show shot ..21 yards broadside....
A month ago, the Doc told me I should be dead...so this buck means a lot more than the number of inches he scores...
Felt good to get out in God's country... 1107180953.jpeg1107180945_HDR.jpeg1107180952d.jpeg

WTG Matt!!! Beautiful deer.....

I'm so glad you are on the mend!!!! 

Chris

Felt good to get out in God's country... 1107180953.thumb.jpeg.c002b7d08ebd4d6cf24d2374444fedff.jpeg1107180945_HDR.thumb.jpeg.6d5be68a947e95df46147209f5c044db.jpeg1107180952d.thumb.jpeg.ddba222360f8356261ae27d644a40312.jpeg

Congratulations buddy!

Nice buck, Matt! And all others who've posted. That stud from Batavia is a beautiful animal. I dropped my head off with a guy who lives over there and he told me it's been a crap year for them. They're covered up in dogs, but can't find deer. They have 200 acres and some nice swamp, too. 

One other note of interest. He also told me that my buck had been shot previously...in the rack! There's a small dent in one of the antler bases, with a clear "X" from the broadhead around it. I think that somebody was focused on the headgear when they shot.

GGlirbc.jpg

11 hours ago, Missdemeanor said:

Felt good to get out in God's country...

All the best to you .....

Sure is perfect. 5 doe and a first rack so far. Back where I saw the high volume of yearlings one Thursday. Looks like moms are back from their dates. Crunch time for me also, might be my last sit for bow season besides Friday. Another all dayer, need to get it done today!

Possible shooter just came through. Another buck I don't have pictures of. Couldn't get a great look at him through the binoculars but wide racked short tined 8-10 pt. He acted like dog hunting rabbits. He walked circles with his nose to the ground first in the corn and then in the thicket for 5-10 minutes before making a decision on which direction to go.

Felt good to get out in God's country... 1107180953.thumb.jpeg.c002b7d08ebd4d6cf24d2374444fedff.jpeg1107180945_HDR.thumb.jpeg.6d5be68a947e95df46147209f5c044db.jpeg1107180952d.thumb.jpeg.ddba222360f8356261ae27d644a40312.jpeg

Awesome job!! Nice buck and I'm glad u stared death in the face n told him to f--- off!
Stay healthy.

Sent from my Pixel using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 12 am

32 degrees
SW wind 5 mph
Cloudy skies

Went back to the stand I hunted yesterday morning but it didn't live up to yesterdays hype. I had a fawn come through about daybreak and I did have another encounter with a shooter buck. It wasn't a buck that I have on camera so it was tough to tell exactly how big he was. Once again scrapes were tore up since I was there 24 hours ago.