Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

I made a rookie mistake tonight. Had my new stand in the tree about 12:30 and decided to sit in it the rest of the day. About 230 a little first rack buck comes cruising through no idea I’m there. Nothing until a little after 430ish. I was standing in my stand thinking about the squirrels making so much noise was gonna screw me up if a deer shows. Sure enough 5 minutes later the squirrels are behind me running around, I turned around to double check and it’s a buck, didn’t think it was a shooter, it knew something wasn’t right and went around the tree and I still never grabbed my bow until it was too late. It was a shooter....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My 9 year old son hunted with me this morning. His very first trip to the deer woods.
We got into our stand an hour late, lol. Apparently good fortune was on our side today....20 minutes later we saw a first racked buck chasing a doe. He chased her across a logging trail and back again. Could not have planned a better morning. A Wonderful day together and Lasting memories. IMG_1711.JPG

• Like 3

My 9 year old son hunted with me this morning. His very first trip to the deer woods.
We got into our stand an hour late, lol. Apparently good fortune was on our side today....20 minutes later we saw a first racked buck chasing a doe. He chased her across a logging trail and back again. Could not have planned a better morning. A Wonderful day together and Lasting memories. IMG_1711.thumb.JPG.77b2dfec98a159c927edb57a35bf643f.JPG

That’s fantastic. Really cool.

Sat all day AGAIN. 46 deer sightings throughout the day. All the yearlings I saw alone last Thursday have been reunited with their mothers. Crazy how all the doe in this area were breeding the same day or two! The last hour was insane with deer coming from every direction! Was impossible to move to look to see what the next deer showing up was. Not a single buck all day over a first rack. Could not believe with the amount of deer in the area. Acorns were the key tonight. Back to work for 3 days then I more bow hunt, then off all week for the boom sticks.

46 deer is more than I saw during all of my sits during bow season combined this year! The deer population has been getting worse and worse over the past 10 years for us. Tonight was the best night I've had this year with 8 deer sightings. 2 first racks and a 2 1/2 8 point that I passed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We got into our stand an hour late, lol. Apparently good fortune was on our side today....20 minutes later we saw a first racked buck chasing a doe. He chased her across a logging trail and back again. Could not have planned a better morning. A Wonderful day together and Lasting memories. IMG_1711.thumb.JPG.77b2dfec98a159c927edb57a35bf643f.JPG

Perfect day for that today. Good stuff!

Well its been 4 days since i shot the big 9. No luck on the recovery. Boy it burns deep... when its your passion and you cant controll it. This afternoon will be my first time bac in the woods since.......time to get over it and move on. Looked friday and then saturday. Thanks jakey baby... one day we will have a sucessful recovery..on my end. Even took my good luck charms, my 5 yr old and 8 yr old boys saturday. They made me so proud as they tried to help dad find the deer. After there reward was to go fishin at the oak and candy from narbys!! Yea, during prime time!!! The struggel is real!! I have taken my boys almost as often as i have hunted myself this year. There is no destractions out there, just a father and his son! Some things are more important that a big buck..
Well thats what i tell myself..Good luck to all, still time left to get it done. 20181014_075157.jpeg20181014_074834.jpeg20181015_160457.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EsoxAC3 said:

We got into our stand an hour late, lol. Apparently good fortune was on our side today....20 minutes later we saw a first racked buck chasing a doe. He chased her across a logging trail and back again. Could not have planned a better morning. A Wonderful day together and Lasting memories. IMG_1711.JPG

Awesome!

11 minutes ago, bettieanne said:

Well its been 4 days since i shot the big 9. No luck on the recovery. Boy it burns deep... when its your passion and you cant controll it. This afternoon will be my first time bac in the woods since.......time to get over it and move on. Looked friday and then saturday. Thanks jakey baby... one day we will have a sucessful recovery..on my end. Even took my good luck charms, my 5 yr old and 8 yr old boys saturday. They made me so proud as they tried to help dad find the deer. After there reward was to go fishin at the oak and candy from narbys!! Yea, during prime time!!! The struggel is real!! I have taken my boys almost as often as i have hunted myself this year. There is no destractions out there, just a father and his son! Some things are more important that a big buck..
Well thats what i tell myself..Good luck to all, still time left to get it done. 20181014_075157.jpeg20181014_074834.jpeg20181015_160457.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Awesome! Thats what its all about!

Just had a 1.5 year old buck pass through. I noticed something has his attention. A much bigger bodied deer emerges from the brush. I see from the glow of white he is outside the ears. He is posturing big time. Little buck wants nothing to do with him. I fumble for my binoculars put glass on him only to realize he looks to be a 2.5 year old. An over zealous 2.5 year old.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app