Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

Just had a 120" buck show up, hit three bedding areas, and chasing does all over the place. He just stays out of range and never gets within 40 yards. When he leaves the last bedding I grunt to him and heads to me on a string. He's quartering to me, which is no good. He stops about 25 yards out puts his head up and something has his attention. I look over and here comes my limping buck. I don't even think twice about passing on this other buck and all my attention is on him. He's literally trotting right at us from 150 yards away. He stops about 60 yards. Starts posturing. Hair goes up on his neck. Snort wheezes twice. The smaller buck circle around him but wanted nothing to do with him. One flinch from the big buck and the other ran off. And I got to watch him chase all the does around before he eventually disappeared in the corn. Pretty damn cool to watch.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

November 13 am

36 degrees
WSW wind 5-10 mph
Cloudy skies

Crazy morning. Chasing, sparring, grunting, snort wheezing. 30+ deer. 9 different bucks. One mature buck. Today was what November deer hunts are all about.

The picture is a mock scrape that is getting torn up. It is now about 4' x 3'.

IMG_20181113_101130825.jpeg

November 13 pm

33 degrees
NW wind 5-15 mph
Party cloudy

I had to drop my kid off to basketball practice so I had a very late start this afternoon. Unfortunately I bumped a mature buck walking in about 60 yards from my stand. Not sure if he was bedded with a doe but I bumped a 1.5 year old buck also who was within 30 yards of him. Weird spot to be bedded but it's the rut. Got to the stand at 350. I got dressed in the stand only to realize a fawn watched me get dressed. It didn't bother her at all. She walked by me within 30 yards a total of three times tonight. Crazy deer. Had one other buck pass by me and that would be it for the quick sit. Apparently there is significant snow in the forecast for my area tonight, 2-5". Should be interesting.

IMG_20181113_170351337.jpegIMG_20181113_162315471.jpegIMG_20181113_162312774.jpeg

After five months of rehab I got the ok to use a crossbow. So with the help of a friend who gave his up so I could hunt the final two weeks I am back in the woods. Ali will never think of a crossbow in the way I once did. They have there place and for those of us who need them to stay sane and get back into the woods it’s a lifesaver. While I probably won’t get anything I am happy just to be out there and have the chance to hunt this season. I read this every day and while I here some rejoice and some whine and act like a BABY because they haven’t killed. Have your season taken away something you love to do and maybe you see things differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

After five months of rehab I got the ok to use a crossbow. So with the help of a friend who gave his up so I could hunt the final two weeks I am back in the woods. Ali will never think of a crossbow in the way I once did. They have there place and for those of us who need them to stay sane and get back into the woods it’s a lifesaver. While I probably won’t get anything I am happy just to be out there and have the chance to hunt this season. I read this every day and while I here some rejoice and some whine and act like a BABY because they haven’t killed. Have your season taken away something you love to do and maybe you see things differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Welcome back to the woods!

Showed up to a couple to a couple of fluffy inches of snow this morning in 8a. Got in the stand just after six and you could see for miles. It was like someone forgot to shut the lights off. Zero movement so far but fingers are crossed.