Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

yeah give him another year. I would put him at 2.5 years. 4.5 years are the real shooters. Wait to you see him next year and now have to decide to keep the bow down another year! Good luck this year.

November 14 an

26 degrees

NW wind 5-15

Cloudy

Snowing

Winter wonderland here this morning. 2-3" of fluffy snow and the first significant snowfall for the year. It was far from action packed. A doe and a fawn headed to thick bedding and another doe and fawn into the corn. The most exciting thing this morning was a 2.5 year old buck running past the stand with his tongue hanging out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Was able to slip out the back door from work. In my blind over looking clover and Chicory. Didn't have alot of time to waste walking and this was the best option. Getting Down to the wire here, fingers are crossed! Good luck tonight guys and girls.

C’mon guys! Hope it pays off for someone.
My sons hunting a few miles east of home. My friend is hunting one of the Hamlin lease properties.
I’m laying on the couch watching TV. Hoping I get a text from one of them and get to help in the recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I saw a ton of deer tonight...at Costanza's! I picked up sausage and tried some of the new things he's making. I've got to tell you, the Romano and Garlic sausage is phenomenal and the Red Pepper and Mozzarella is crazy good. I wish we'd gone that direction rather than straight up Italian. One of the guys there gave me a great tip, too. He said that if you like hot Italian sausage, but your wife likes mild, just order both and mix them up when you vacuum seal them. Leave one kind tied together so you can tell the difference. Brilliant!!

• Like 1

I think someone should start a venison dish thread. Tonight’s dinner was a venison roast cooked for 6 hours in a crock pot with two cans of Progresso beef barley cans of soup. Outstanding!

My dinner was Deer shanks roasted in a can of beer. Red Potatoes, carrots, corn, peas, sweet onions! Topped with some apple juice. If you guys dont save your shanks try them they are fantastic!! Cut the knucle off so it fits in crockpot and the juice can get into bone! 1114181355_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app