Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

After asking my kid to find this thread I have arrived! Nice to see al my friends that disappeared once their boats got hauled and winterized and tucked away for the long cold days ahead,,, after getting a nice body freezer buck last Sunday, and thinking last year this very day I was still in icu fighting for my life ,,, what a difference a year makes !! 14 plus inches of heavy snow here in prattsburg!! Good luck to all you guys tomorrow. Love you guys ! Tommy B 

49ADE58E-86E7-4BDE-A73A-6B8C3D9F62E1.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eastforkmarine said:

After asking my kid to find this thread I have arrived! Nice to see al my friends that disappeared once their boats got hauled and winterized and tucked away for the long cold days ahead,,, after getting a nice body freezer buck last Sunday, and thinking last year this very day I was still in icu fighting for my life ,,, what a difference a year makes !! 14 plus inches of heavy snow here in prattsburg!! Good luck to all you guys tomorrow. Love you guys ! Tommy B 

49ADE58E-86E7-4BDE-A73A-6B8C3D9F62E1.jpeg

Back at you Tommy!!!

• Like 1

November 16 am

34 degrees
SE wind 5mph
Cloudy skies

Final sit for me for the bow season. SE wind had me in a spot I haven't been in all year. Overnight we got 4-5" inches of snow. Didn't have high hopes this morning and I never saw a deer or even a fresh track.
Pulled the card for the first time from a camera there and it shows a few studs.

IMG_20181116_112019825.jpegIMG_20181116_112129584.jpegIMG_20181116_112750179.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Zero deer spotted for me today. I'm really going to miss bow season! Heading into the spot I've been holding out for opening day of gun, someone I hunt with decided to go into the area tonight and saw a monster. Go figure. Well hopefully he was unbothered and shows again tomorrow! Awsome to see you here Tommy and good luck tomorrow! There isn't anyone that deserves a 200" more then you my man! Fingers are crossed for both you and your daughter tomorrow!

saw a lot of action and chasing and grunting today on a spot  i am finally able to hunt for the 2nd half of the season.  Only problem is it is compound bow only,  but with the amount of sign i have seen and action i had today i think i am going to take my chances coming back in the morning!  

Edited by machzrcr

saw a lot of action and chasing and grunting today on a spot  i am finally able to hunt for the 2nd half of the season.  Only problem is it is compound bow only,  but with the amount of sign i have seen and action i had today i think i am going to take my chances coming back in the morning!  
Ill be hunting bow only this gun season also

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 minute ago, bondouley said:

Ill be hunting bow only this gun season also

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

sweet!!   I got a new savage 220  last year that i really want to break in at some point this season  lol  but we have been seeing some big boys on this property so tomorrow i finally get to go after them hard, been watching their movements and i think i know their core little section of woods!

• Like 1

sweet!!   I got a new savage 220  last year that i really want to break in at some point this season  lol  but we have been seeing some big boys on this property so tomorrow i finally get to go after them hard, been watching their movements and i think i know their core little section of woods!

I bought a 220 a couple years ago I need to break in as well. Bought it and a slugmaster for it and about 2 months later they switched everything to rifle. Still use it when I hunt in the western part of the state though.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Last day of bow couldn’t sit in the morning got stuck plowing till 130.. hunted the night from 130-430 had 4does feeding in the field then they went and layed in the golden rods 100 yards away, 330 comes around and I start rattling, does run off and I start kicking myself and think I screwed up 415 comes around and I do a heavy rattle for 3 minutes put the antlers down and look out and here comes this buck looking for a fight running towards me, he stops 50 yards out pees and starts making a scrape so I get ready, he turns around starts walking away I grunt twice and here he comes 30 yard shot! Pretty cool looking buck I’ll tske it

42D639E3-9502-484A-A1E5-6908BEB54C68.jpeg

• Like 2