Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

November 23 am

11 degrees
SE wind 5-15 mph
Cloudy

Extremely cold start this morning. I noticed a ton of fresh tracks in the snow on the way in. More tracks then I have seen all year. Another just deer tracks but dog tracks. This weather has the fox and coyotes moving. Never saw a deer on stand this morning. It's just that time of year.

IMG_20181123_070535130_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

4 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Me too ugh, I think the afternoon will be pretty good.

Just got to camp warming up cabin saw two doe right at the field just like late season one bonus the beer didn’t freeze but everything else did looking forward to a nice still hunt till dark windy and will be a quiet stalk good luck boys !!!!!

39 minutes ago, Eastforkmarine said:

Just got to camp warming up cabin saw two doe right at the field just like late season one bonus the beer didn’t freeze but everything else did looking forward to a nice still hunt till dark windy and will be a quiet stalk good luck boys !!!!!

'Windy and quiet walking  today so going to still hunt and Stalk till dark'...…. I Love your old school technique...nothing like shooting deer day bedded on the sides of hills in snow.. Please say when and I will travel to you or you come walk/stalk a mile or 2 here.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Eastforkmarine said:

go get one Tommy!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'Windy and quiet walking  today so going to still hunt and Stalk till dark'...…. I Love your old school technique...nothing like shooting deer day bedded on the sides of hills in snow.. Please say when and I will travel to you or you come walk/stalk a mile or 2 here.

Jerry
RUNNIN REBEL
This is the way I was taught to hunt in the southern tier. Absolutely love still hunting up on bedded deer!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Is anybody having any morning luck with movement or just seeing deer on their feet in the PM. Last evening was so incredibly bright i’m wondering if most deer are starting to bed down early morning hours after moving all night. Mid day camera activity has totally dropped off since this heavy snowfall

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app