Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

I have already heard twice the number of gunshots this afternoon then I heard all morning. Haven't seen a creature yet. Fingers are crossed, I have the kid with me, hoping he gets a chance at one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Same here shooting all around but haven't seen any yet

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Love to see Hunter get a buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah, me too! Between school, basketball, and his girlfriend it is tough for him to find time to set aside to hunt with his old man. But shooting that doe last weekend put fire in him to hunt more. Tonight we are on a buck only mission!

• Like 1

Had a fat opossum clear the field of my live doe decoys tonight. Funny how they know a warming trend is coming. Anyone notice the amount of black ducks and geese lately?  I might have to get my migratory stamp this year. 

The logic I try to use with my wife of 23 years about hunting so much is if the shopping season was 60 days long, I wouldn't see her much either. Never seems to work, but she deserves a medal. Wives, who don't hunt or fish, and put up with husbands who do as much we do, are very special people.

• Like 1

November 24 pm

31 degrees
S wind 5 mph
Cloudy

I guess it all in where you hunt. I saw zero deer tonight. My kid... Close to 20. Almost every deer came out of the standin corn and went right into the thick stuff. Everything seen tonight was after 5:00 also. Heard a ton of shooting from 2 to about four and then it got quiet. After 5 it picked up again and the last shot I heard was at 525.

IMG_20181123_154141785.jpeg

Pretty sure this will be my last morning sit for the year. Seems like movement has shut right down in the mornings the last few days, which is expected. Like the first 2-3 weeks of season I think it's more harm then good. Going to check cameras after this sit and hopefully Ocho is still in the neighborhood. Last pick I have of him was last Saturday walking across a food plot at 10 am. [emoji2961][emoji379]

• Like 1

So last night, my kid and i walk out to my truck after hunting. The neighbor approaches us and asks if we happen to shoot a deer that we never found. I ask him why? He says because there is a dead deer laying next to his car in the driveway. I had to go see of course. Turns out it's a deer I have all over my cameras. I'm guessing 2.5 year old. He was gut shot and died in this guys lawn. Looks like he was shot on Thanksgiving across the street and died there overnight Thursday.

48163.jpeg48162.jpeg

IMG_4216.JPG
Had to mercy kill a button buck that someone shot this morning. It took him an hour to go 60 yds. I watch him fall three times. He finally hobbled into the clearing and I put him down. He was shot from the front and the slug was in the front right shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2