Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

IMG_4216.thumb.JPG.211cdc5f9d2dec94b6c809c4aecd401a.JPG
Had to mercy kill a button buck that someone shot this morning. It took him an hour to go 60 yds. I watch him fall three times. He finally hobbled into the clearing and I put him down. He was shot from the front and the slug was in the front right shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
Good job Brian

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

IMG_4216.JPG
Had to mercy kill a button buck that someone shot this morning. It took him an hour to go 60 yds. I watch him fall three times. He finally hobbled into the clearing and I put him down. He was shot from the front and the slug was in the front right shoulder.

kudos to you for doing the right thing and to end his suffering

You’re mean you should have caught him and brought him to a vet

There hard to revive after taking a 50 cal slug at 20yds. You blow in their nose and the air comes out of their chest!

• Like 3

November 24 pm

39 degrees
SE wind 5-15
Cloudy

Finally they cut the corn at this property, over 100 acres. It's nice to have a open line of sight. Action started about 345. Three small bucks tonight, a doe with two fawns, and a giant doe. Hoping this spot is a late season Mecca!

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Haven’t been hunting the last week, kinda not feeling it with nobody to go with makes bow season no fun. Got my buddy to go with me today to check out about 4500 acres of state land a little south of home. He walked 50 feet into the woods and saw 2 doe and a small buck and I’m on the track of a probably 2.5 year old now. With a 1958 Savage that’s been shot 5 times ever and that was when I sighted it in last year. I see one 8 points and to the ears and the guns getting deflowered today.6d37c82259bc572649130923fc980a44.jpg

Hunted Wayne county up by the lake this morning. Waterfowl hunters letting the lead fly. I’ve had a string of bad luck hunting lately (mostly self induced). In my stand at 645 this morning and shots everywhere. At 720 I hear the “train” coming through the swamp. Single file I counted 1-9 of them and not a single horn. So then I decided to take the largest one. Well it just so happened that it was the first one and by that time she was 40 yards away. I had a relatively narrow window to shoot through, but she presented a perfect broadside shot. Needles to say she didn’t go anywhere. IMG_1639.thumb.JPG.f670e0c37428891fd8539b99421506c9.JPG

0987b3898e349b1bd58270f2952df811.jpg

• Like 2