Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

November 25 pm

47 degrees
SW wind 5 mph
Cloudy skies

Slow evening sit. Only saw one deer and it wasn't until after five. Hopefully the woods becomes quiet after this weekend. Most of the hunters seem to be done by the weekend following Thanksgiving.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well, my addiction to this thread almost got me in trouble tonight! I was not expecting to get out at all today because my wife had two newborns to photograph today. She finished up early around 2:15 and I had a 40 minute drive to get to my hunting land (my step dad, mom, and brother were already up there hunting). When I got there we decided to do a small push through some hemlocks that usually hold deer this time of year. 1 walker and three sitters. I was at the bottom watching the base of the hill. After about 15 minutes of sitting there I decided to check this thread to see if anybody had shot anything today, so I scanned the hillside then grabbed my phone. I might have been looking at my phone 20 seconds when I looked up to scan the hill again and I see a big buck standing 50 yards in front of me broadside. I dropped my phone, pulled my rifle off my shoulder. As I did that, he snorted and took off on a dead run across the field. I got on him with my scope and squeezed the trigger when he was about 70 yards away and I see him stagger a little. Got a second shot off at about 120 yards and dropped him! 20181125_161726.jpeg20181125_161641.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

Well, my addiction to this thread almost got me in trouble tonight! I was not expecting to get out at all today because my wife had two newborns to photograph today. She finished up early around 2:15 and I had a 40 minute drive to get to my hunting land (my step dad, mom, and brother were already up there hunting). When I got there we decided to do a small push through some hemlocks that usually hold deer this time of year. 1 walker and three sitters. I was at the bottom watching the base of the hill. After about 15 minutes of sitting there I decided to check this thread to see if anybody had shot anything today, so I scanned the hillside then grabbed my phone. I might have been looking at my phone 20 seconds when I looked up to scan the hill again and I see a big buck standing 50 yards in front of me broadside. I dropped my phone, pulled my rifle off my shoulder. As I did that, he snorted and took off on a dead run across the field. I got on him with my scope and squeezed the trigger when he was about 70 yards away and I see him stagger a little. Got a second shot off at about 120 yards and dropped him! 20181125_161726.thumb.jpeg.3382049fb6965726599aa4bad2e378e2.jpeg20181125_161641.thumb.jpeg.d902262d1b490f7c4742a202383e4d30.jpeg

Congrats! Looks like he just got done tearing up some rubs

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

23 minutes ago, Guppy35 said:

Well, my addiction to this thread almost got me in trouble tonight! I was not expecting to get out at all today because my wife had two newborns to photograph today. She finished up early around 2:15 and I had a 40 minute drive to get to my hunting land (my step dad, mom, and brother were already up there hunting). When I got there we decided to do a small push through some hemlocks that usually hold deer this time of year. 1 walker and three sitters. I was at the bottom watching the base of the hill. After about 15 minutes of sitting there I decided to check this thread to see if anybody had shot anything today, so I scanned the hillside then grabbed my phone. I might have been looking at my phone 20 seconds when I looked up to scan the hill again and I see a big buck standing 50 yards in front of me broadside. I dropped my phone, pulled my rifle off my shoulder. As I did that, he snorted and took off on a dead run across the field. I got on him with my scope and squeezed the trigger when he was about 70 yards away and I see him stagger a little. Got a second shot off at about 120 yards and dropped him! 20181125_161726.jpeg20181125_161641.jpeg

Congratulations 

Great buck! I know of a few people who've been texting or surfing when they should have been looking this year. Myself included. I conclude that cell phones and social media were invented by deer.

• Like 1