Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

Very creative and it sure sums it up...good example of the old addage "A good pic can be worth a thousand words":lol:

Edited by Sk8man

So excited finally closed on my property today!! 100 acres!! Going to go walk Around on it tomorrow and see if i can find a buck for my ole man! Drove to the one side of it and there was 4 nice rubs right in the driveway!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 minutes ago, machzrcr said:

So excited finally closed on my property today!! 100 acres!! Going to go walk Around on it tomorrow and see if i can find a buck for my ole man! Drove to the one side of it and there was 4 nice rubs right in the driveway!

Congrats Joe! Where is your property?

13 minutes ago, machzrcr said:

Thats fantastic!!!!

• Like 1

Congrats Joe!!! Cant wait to check it out bud

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

10 minutes ago, bout time said:

Setup on the edge of the thicket looking out. First time all season in a ground blind for me. Wind is really picking up and snowing now. 7A oswego county

eb022789589f1edf84124ffbbb0c044c.jpg

182ae623e3679d2e34ea0b97e80a2a04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You deserve a big guy Mike.  Hunted in one of my ground blinds last week when it was blowing 30+.  Thought it was going to blow right over my head.

Took my son out for the evening hunt and pulled the camera card. Wife said no hunting Sunday morning because we had a baptism, I figured no big deal I have the whole week off. Just behind the doe is a stud standing 25yards from my stand. Almost wish I didn’t pull the card. 44907a3a94cc73454ac13c112ba1f3ae.jpg15bdfafa779d3c6cce2ad6bb9e64bc49.jpg

#dreamseason! 

Just when you think it's never going to happen. I have been hunting hard and not seeing anything near a shooter .. a lot of 4 -6 hr sit with 0 deer . It gets discouraging and will break you if you let it.  Well tonight with heavy wind I decided to sit low on my clover plot 4 doe came out at 3:30 and ate there way to the top,  they got spooked and darted figured the caught my wind then I look up and see a buck nose to the ground backtracking the doe. He gave me a 60yd broadside shot and I dropped him dead in his tracks.  I dont feel so stupid for wasting time in a stand anymore.  I run 6 trail cams and never seen this buck. 

Got a 10 with bow and a 10 with the gun not breaking records books but by far my best season.  

20181127_171832.thumb.jpg.00f03a80fb2542627977645540bab9d7.jpg20181127_155740.thumb.jpg.59e583febb77d488d25cfa22d012ccdc.jpg

Day 32 in a row
Day 12 gun season
Snow storm with blowing wind
Common sense dictates stay home deer are bunkered down but common sense is lacking this morning
Wind isn’t right again but I’m not going 30’ high so hoping for a small miracle from the pine stand

Saw 2 deer driving here and a couple tracks in the snow so....

https://tenor.com/view/jimcarrey-dumbanddumber-soyouretellingmetheresachance-gif-4460493

Day 32 in a row
Day 12 gun season
Snow storm with blowing wind
Common sense dictates stay home deer are bunkered down but common sense is lacking this morning
Wind isn’t right again but I’m not going 30’ high so hoping for a small miracle from the pine stand

Saw 2 deer driving here and a couple tracks in the snow so....

https://tenor.com/view/jimcarrey-dumbanddumber-soyouretellingmetheresachance-gif-4460493

Dang man! Get er done! Your way overdue for all ur work!