Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

I have always been locked in every year on this thread.  Looking at everyone else shooting nice deer I was a little envious of everyone that had succeeded with filling that tag.  Three years of tag soup.  I've been celebrating the last few days but I lucked out on monday.  Its weird because I shot a buck on this day 15 years ago, the day I went on terminal leave from the Marines.  My wife always thinks we are all nuts for going out into the brutal extremes of weather for the chase of whitetail.  I explain to her that its worse than a disease.  But when I was overseas it was thinking about the fall and whitetail deer that got me through.  Filling a tag once every four years is worth it for that one moment.  Our kids will understand.  Now I wait a few years to take our kids out.  Threads like this help.  Thanks to everyone for contributing.  

deer pics 1.jpg

deer pics 2.jpg

3 hours ago, fmrdd0331 said:

I have always been locked in every year on this thread.  Looking at everyone else shooting nice deer I was a little envious of everyone that had succeeded with filling that tag.  Three years of tag soup.  I've been celebrating the last few days but I lucked out on monday.  Its weird because I shot a buck on this day 15 years ago, the day I went on terminal leave from the Marines.  My wife always thinks we are all nuts for going out into the brutal extremes of weather for the chase of whitetail.  I explain to her that its worse than a disease.  But when I was overseas it was thinking about the fall and whitetail deer that got me through.  Filling a tag once every four years is worth it for that one moment.  Our kids will understand.  Now I wait a few years to take our kids out.  Threads like this help.  Thanks to everyone for contributing.  

deer pics 1.jpg

deer pics 2.jpg

Nice buck & thanks for serving!!

4 hours ago, fmrdd0331 said:

deer pics 1.jpg

deer pics 2.jpg

Congrats! Thanks for sharing!

10 hours ago, strutnrut62 said:

Well. Finally come together after not seeing a tacked buck all gun season. Lucky enough to be able to hunt a standing bean field that the farm couldn’t get harvested. There had been couple nice bucks. Chasing does. In there the past week and after the snow. Last night I figured that’s the place to be. Seen first deer at 3 o the walk in. And then at 4 I see a doe running from the thicket to the beans. Watched her for about ten minutes and I looked to the east over hundred yards. I could se backof a deer just over ridge in the field. I pulled scope. Up as he lifted. His head and could see he was a shooter. I ranged. Him quick sitting at 308 yards and feeling comfortable with my rest and confidence in the gun I settled in on him and squeezed it off and there. He layed not. My biggest but first buck I have shot with the rifle and first buck in 3 yrs with gun nice 8 point Image1543455010.155486.jpgImage1543455066.639679.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Congrats! Hell of a shot!

15 hours ago, slipbob said:

Awesome bucks Holy Diver and Scobar!!!  I'm patiently waiting for December 10th to bust out the muzzleloader and my unused archery/muzzy buck tag for another chance at big one.  Lots of corn standing around the farm I hunt and the brassicas in my food plot are nice and green.  Should be a good late season.  

Thanks,

All I use is a muzzle loader, makes you think a little longer on when to pull the trigger

Just still hunted into my stand I thought would be good for today all sorts of tracks at the front of the property and almost none when I got back here. Guessing it snowed last night since it’s still on the trees so hopefully they’re just still on their bellies.

1323733232_deerpics1.thumb.jpg.711149350a132de49e03eb24a298bf88.jpg
1775065736_deerpics2.thumb.jpg.11cc6a1709116ae8dc8ed33fba5a53f5.jpg

Congrats on a fine buck. Thank you for your service! Semper Fi.

7 hours ago, fmrdd0331 said:

deer pics 1.jpg

deer pics 2.jpg

Congratulations on your buck, i love seeing the excitement on my kid's faces when i get one!  Also, thank you for your service to this country, allowing all of us the opportunity to be sportsmen!

• Like 2