Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

I have always been locked in every year on this thread.  Looking at everyone else shooting nice deer I was a little envious of everyone that had succeeded with filling that tag.  Three years of tag soup.  I've been celebrating the last few days but I lucked out on monday.  Its weird because I shot a buck on this day 15 years ago, the day I went on terminal leave from the Marines.  My wife always thinks we are all nuts for going out into the brutal extremes of weather for the chase of whitetail.  I explain to her that its worse than a disease.  But when I was overseas it was thinking about the fall and whitetail deer that got me through.  Filling a tag once every four years is worth it for that one moment.  Our kids will understand.  Now I wait a few years to take our kids out.  Threads like this help.  Thanks to everyone for contributing.  
1323733232_deerpics1.thumb.jpg.711149350a132de49e03eb24a298bf88.jpg
1775065736_deerpics2.thumb.jpg.11cc6a1709116ae8dc8ed33fba5a53f5.jpg
Nice buck congratulations! Thank you for your service!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Last 3 mornings and afternoons I have seen zero deer. This morning on my walk in it looked like a party last night with all the tracks. Definitely late night movement for my area

Headed to Wayne county for afternoon sit

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Tonight's view. This was a Turnip, clover, oat, and radish plot. The deer annihilated it and there is very little crop left. 1st time sitting here all season. Killed a nice buck here a few years back on this date. Have also killed 2 other good bucks on the 29th. That being said this is where I feel I should be and hopefully just hopefully he shows.20181129_152844.jpeg

11 minutes ago, fisherman21 said:

I would be happy with just a doe lol. If anyone has one they want to share it would make my season

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

What area do you live in?

November 29 pm

37 degrees
W wind 5-15
Cloudy

Hunted a new stand tonight. It would make for a spectacular rifle stand if they were legal. Lots of deer tonight and on their feet fairly early in the cut corn. 16-21 deer seen. All flatheads from what I could see. A bunch of turkeys also. Got stuck in the stand until 530 because of some late arrivals to the field. Coyotes were yipping and howling again on my way out.

IMG_20181129_151225471_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I would be happy with just a doe lol. If anyone has one they want to share it would make my season

Think you have my son Tommy’s number. One of us could probably put one down and tag it for you if you’re willing to come pick it up and get it processed.

• Like 1

Think you have my son Tommy’s number. One of us could probably put one down and tag it for you if you’re willing to come pick it up and get it processed.

Thanks for the offer, it is much appreciated! I’m not throwing the towel in just yet. Haven’t seen a thing the last 6 times out though, so it’s kinda discouraging. I will be out tomorrow morning, Saturday morning, and a few times next week too. Finger crossed 🤞🏻

• Like 1