Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

On 11/29/2018 at 5:52 PM, fisherman21 said:

I would be happy with just a doe lol. If anyone has one they want to share it would make my season

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

beautiful family

So after a late start due to having shoulder surgery everything finally came together last Friday. It took me until 41 to get my best buck and 44 to get a perfect doe. While I love to hunt and fish this takes the cake and puts a lot into perspective. The surgery was done so I could do this. I enjoy reading all of this everyday and love all of your stories but must admit these two make me forget about the woods and water. Nothing better than being a dad. 56c049030b63d4bec3db0a89b34d2232.jpg&key=e5339f6b5c31eac320abfbe6c309aa9ab5b1d49b43fcdf3200d9c89b46d838df

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
Congratulations. You are right, nothing better than being a dad.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

December 1 an

33 degrees
SE wind 5-10
Cloudy

Lots of deer on their feet early this morning. Had a buck cut across the field as I was headed in this morning. Heard some chasing in the neighbors woods before Sun rise. Coyotes, does, fawns, bucks all on their feet before 815 but... No big boys.

11 hours ago, Legacy said:

Just had a 2.5 year old get the heart racing. I was checking this thread for updates and when I looked up a buck was standing in front of me about 70 yards. He was just inside the ears and my binoculars told me the rest. The blood pumping felt good. Lol!#onemoreyear

Hunted 8g this morning saw two doe and one dog...then stopped home grabbed the 30/30 and headed to 8r hunted the afternoon tracks all over not a one ,, I hate gun season too...

Well after lots of hours and 3 years total of my hunting career I finally got my buck. I've met him a few times the last two years during bow season with him just out of reach. Today he came in fast at 15 yards and was met with my 30 06. I am truly blessed. Thanks to all the help from my fellow hunters stay consistent and put in the time.20181201_110246.jpegIMG950023.jpegIMG953643.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Well after lots of hours and 3 years total of my hunting career I finally got my buck. I've met him a few times the last two years during bow season with him just out of reach. Today he came in fast at 15 yards and was met with my 30 06. I am truly blessed. Thanks to all the help from my fellow hunters stay consistent and put in the time.20181201_110246.thumb.jpeg.7782b9ca119f7b59cf028b8459a0c26c.jpegIMG950023.thumb.jpeg.747852eb3dc79241b9d73cb2812c5bfb.jpegIMG953643.thumb.jpeg.ef3953a05bfa37ae3378b7c7432d1bfd.jpeg

Nice Buck !!! Pic looks like a neck shot , they don't go far and no loss of meat. Congrats

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone that has connected. I have 3 sits left for the season then I have to hang it up. (Work and family obligations). I am lucky enough to have a full freezer but yet still feel like it’s been a so/so season. A have let a lot of racks go early and haven’t seen one since the gun opener. I have hunted every morning and night that I could and the weather allowed. I have hunted close to home, 45 miles north, and 95 miles south, 3 different counties.

This thread at times has kept me sane and very much entertained. I’m with the guys on the low side of seeing deer - normal sit im lucky to see 1-4, and many times 0, but it doesn’t deter my drive.

Best of luck to all those still out shoot straight and have a great Holiday Season and a Merry Christmas

Maybe I’ll have one more post in me if I can connect ....

Nice Buck !!! Pic looks like a neck shot , they don't go far and no loss of meat. Congrats

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes sir right in the base of the neck! My second neck shot this year seems to be a good target if that all they offer you. Getting this mounted I cant believe my first buck was this monster going to be hard to beat!

Congrats to everyone that has connected. I have 3 sits left for the season then I have to hang it up. (Work and family obligations). I am lucky enough to have a full freezer but yet still feel like it’s been a so/so season. A have let a lot of racks go early and haven’t seen one since the gun opener. I have hunted every morning and night that I could and the weather allowed. I have hunted close to home, 45 miles north, and 95 miles south, 3 different counties.

This thread at times has kept me sane and very much entertained. I’m with the guys on the low side of seeing deer - normal sit im lucky to see 1-4, and many times 0, but it doesn’t deter my drive.

Best of luck to all those still out shoot straight and have a great Holiday Season and a Merry Christmas

Maybe I’ll have one more post in me if I can connect ....

Keep at it sit as long as you can change spots regularly. Use dominant buck urine to keep the big ones checking their territory more often. This buck was the second deer I've seen all gun season first one was a doe I put down and then this guy. Total of 4 full days. I thought I started out slow too. We all have jobs and cant hunt everyday. Good luck and I pray for your success.

Well after lots of hours and 3 years total of my hunting career I finally got my buck. I've met him a few times the last two years during bow season with him just out of reach. Today he came in fast at 15 yards and was met with my 30 06. I am truly blessed. Thanks to all the help from my fellow hunters stay consistent and put in the time.20181201_110246.thumb.jpeg.7782b9ca119f7b59cf028b8459a0c26c.jpegIMG950023.thumb.jpeg.747852eb3dc79241b9d73cb2812c5bfb.jpegIMG953643.thumb.jpeg.ef3953a05bfa37ae3378b7c7432d1bfd.jpeg

Great deer and awesome shot congrats!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1