Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

Saw a deer today on public land! Big body walking into thick stuff when I saw him never saw his head. 10 minutes later shot from the way he was heading, I talked to the guy (older guy) on our way in and told him if I heard him shoot I’d walk over and give him a hand getting whatever out, said the deer was a nice wide 8. We looked for a while but just found some brush he hit and a small clump of white hair. Might as well try the same spot again.

Also I walked down to the area he came out of before I saw him and there was a fresh ground scrape he must’ve just tore in the middle of the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

22 hours ago, dvdegeorge said:

My “blind” this afternoon
IMG_3399.JPG

Awesome Dan..... I also currently have overhead Garage doors in 8 of the 11 rooms in my house too...….

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

9X DMU area southern NY at PA border. 

A friend shoots a nice 3.5 year old and both antlers fall off before it hits the ground. That's pretty early, watch out taking a big doe, it just might have balls!

1 minute ago, scobar said:

9X DMU area southern NY at PA border. 

A friend shoots a nice 3.5 year old and both antlers fall off before it hits the ground. That's pretty early, watch out taking a big doe, it just might have balls!

It was probably injured or stressed to lose it's antlers this early

No other injuries, We thought the same thing, as far as stress goes maybe from the rut as there are so many doe's he never rested for 2 weeks, lol

NO permits in this DMU

14 minutes ago, scobar said:

No other injuries, We thought the same thing, as far as stress goes maybe from the rut as there are so many doe's he never rested for 2 weeks, lol

NO permits in this DMU

So he became less horney. I get it!

December 3 pm

35 degrees
NW wind 10-15
Cloudy
Wet snow

What a crappy sit. Facing the wind and covered in wet snow. No fun.
Switch it up tonight and hunted a spot I don't hunt to often. The conditions were perfect for it. Pretty good funnel on the inside corner of a cut corn field.
Doe and two fawns made there way out about 430 and that would be my night.

IMG_20181203_145852256.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had a pretty cool experience in the woods today besides finally seeing a buck in gun season. Still hunting in to where I wanted to sit this afternoon I went past this thicket down a heavy used deer trail so it was real quiet with the soft ground. I’m about 5 yards from the edge of the thicket (small trees with branches about 3 feet off the ground) and I look in and see something and thought it looked like a deer body so I pull my scope up on it expecting a dead deer in there and it was a doe with her head pinned to the ground and her ears flattened out almost touching the ground staring at me. I looked a little more and saw 2 more does and was looking for a possible buck for about 2 minutes and all three stayed just like that and never took their eyes off me.

• Like 3

Deer were on their feet last night/this morning. A lot of tracks on my way to the stand in the fresh snow. Can only sit till 9 this morning at the latest. [emoji1695]this will be the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
[emoji1696] Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

12 hours ago, PeltHunter said:

Had a pretty cool experience in the woods today besides finally seeing a buck in gun season. Still hunting in to where I wanted to sit this afternoon I went past this thicket down a heavy used deer trail so it was real quiet with the soft ground. I’m about 5 yards from the edge of the thicket (small trees with branches about 3 feet off the ground) and I look in and see something and thought it looked like a deer body so I pull my scope up on it expecting a dead deer in there and it was a doe with her head pinned to the ground and her ears flattened out almost touching the ground staring at me. I looked a little more and saw 2 more does and was looking for a possible buck for about 2 minutes and all three stayed just like that and never took their eyes off me.

Edited by scobar

1 minute ago, Rich D said:

It really sucks to see the young bucks you let go, knowing they will be real studs in a year or two get taken a week or two later. Some people really suck!!!!

Everyone needs to stop whining about it

You can only control what YOU do 

If the next guy shoots one I pass it is what it is 

To him or her it may be the best buck they have ever killed and a trophy in their eyes

No sense worrying about things out of your control

Some will die some will live

• Like 2

Just got a call from my lady on my way to my treestand. She tells me she just got me permission to hunt on 33 acres in Genesseo. Its not a big property but its 90 percent woods and alot of it is thick. The landowner was showing her pics of bucks in her back yard from the last few days. Going down on Friday to check it out

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3