Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

Great day in 8R today started off as why am I here drove 73 miles to end up in a blizzard sat for 4 hrs and saw one squirrel,, went and warmed up ,then put on my favorite ,still hunt half of our property found deer beds and fresh tracks after the snow stopped ,and the sun came out ,,, found two sets of fresh tracks,, after 100 yards of sneaking with the binoculars found this girl !! Felt great to punch a tag .. love my southern tier hunting with my old mans 30/30 can’t beat it...

5ED19EC6-E541-4416-A3BD-1D06E796513E.jpeg

• Like 5

Great day in 8R today started off as why am I here drove 73 miles to end up in a blizzard sat for 4 hrs and saw one squirrel,, went and warmed up ,then put on my favorite ,still hunt half of our property found deer beds and fresh tracks after the snow stopped ,and the sun came out ,,, found two sets of fresh tracks,, after 100 yards of sneaking with the binoculars found this girl !! Felt great to punch a tag .. love my southern tier hunting with my old mans 30/30 can’t beat it...
5ED19EC6-E541-4416-A3BD-1D06E796513E.thumb.jpeg.61a9089f3097c82755337c8a1c0d8fba.jpeg
Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Thanks 1

5ED19EC6-E541-4416-A3BD-1D06E796513E.thumb.jpeg.61a9089f3097c82755337c8a1c0d8fba.jpeg
Way to go Tommy, on getting it done " old school" style, great shot on a great doe[emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Thanks 1

I love my 30/30. I have a Marlin 336 CS that was handed down from my dad to me. Always a special feeling to squeeze the trigger with it

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

Spending the week at our camp in 8r.spent the day still hunting urbana state forest in 8p all day following some tracks in the snow and lost them when they crossed property line,was out there a few hours got back to the camp and hunted the neighbors corn field had 4 doe walk out at about 175 yards and was fortunate enough to make a good enough shot to put this nice doe in the freezer. The dog was happy and i was pretty excited to take a pic with my daughters "first deer" haha. Not monster buck but my family is greatful. Im off of work the rest of the week so maybe we can run into a nice buck. Good luck to everybody finishing the season. Im sure we could all use some sleep lol.IMG_20181204_183727_116.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Spending the week at our camp in 8r.spent the day still hunting urbana state forest in 8p all day following some tracks in the snow and lost them when they crossed property line,was out there a few hours got back to the camp and hunted the neighbors corn field had 4 doe walk out at about 175 yards and was fortunate enough to make a good enough shot to put this nice doe in the freezer. The dog was happy and i was pretty excited to take a pic with my daughters "first deer" haha. Not monster buck but my family is greatful. Im off of work the rest of the week so maybe we can run into a nice buck. Good luck to everybody finishing the season. Im sure we could all use some sleep lol.IMG_20181204_183727_116.thumb.jpg.36e4b092296691692123a15be11b014e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great job congratulations!

• Like 1

I use my grandfathers old .270 110 savage whenever I can sneak it out of my dads safe, he shot his last and I shot my first deer with it the day before what would of been his 91st birthday, I never got to meet him. I also have a 1932 99 Savage
.300 Savage/410 and think pretty frequently when hunting with either of them about the stories they could tell. In the event that I’m lucky enough to shoot another deer or have grandkids I’ve been thinking about keeping pictures with them in my safe of any deer I shoot with them and a quick story on the back after coming across a journal of my grandfather and great uncles old hunting camp.

• Like 2

I hunt 90 percent of the time with my grandfathers Winchester model 70 caliber 270 with a old fixed 4 power weaver scope on it. He willed it to me when he passed 10 yrs ago and ive used it not stop since Genesee county became rifle. Absolutely love that gun!

• Like 1

Hunted Allegany Co state land tracking deer in the snow with the Marlin 30/30 Saturday......,good for the soul. BTW there is NOBODY hunting down there. I had 3,000 acres to myself. 

• Like 2

Nice work. Plan A, B, and C. Adapt and execute. Congrats!

• Thanks 1