Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

On 11/28/2018 at 1:16 PM, scobar said:

No more chasing

Buck & doe.jpg

Here is another buck (below) we took from the same wood lot. We have been watching him grow for 4 years. My buddy Jim W got him last year 2017, archery,  but I wanted to wait till he had the mount back before posting. He was in the last issue on NYS Conservation mag for those that get that. He won the drawing, mount and bow for being the biggest entered.

The pics were right side up on my PC, not sure how to flip em up.

IMG_8609.JPG

IMG_8610.JPG

super mount.jpg

super drawing.jpg

Edited by scobar
  • Like 1

After going all these years that I have hunted I finally got my first doe. I have hunted for around 10 years or so (late to the game!) Have harvested 6 deer in that time and every one has been a buck. One bigger than the rest but I like the meat so horns aren't a priority. This year I really wanted to finally fill a doe tag. Tag soup is too bland for me lol. Got today off and went ealry this morning, man I wasnt ready for that cold!. Sat until about 845 when I caught movement. Out step 4 deer, looking very similar to teh situation earlier in the season when I shot a doe that grew 8 inch spikes when i got to him I wanted to make damn sure this time. Finally a doe walked out and I was sure. Not the best shot as I was excited as it could have been a big buck but I now have my first doe hanging after quite a bit of work20181205_082942.jpeg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Not a deer but ...
Man it was so loud this morning it was unreal. Kicked up deer every step I took. On the walk to my stand I saw a deer in the field that got chased by a coyote. Then a small scrub buck at the bottom of my stand as I walked up. Thinking the morning might get good. Then at 9 I had the nicest looking dog I ever seen walk by 90 yards. I haven't seen to many up close in person. Good old Springfield 3006 did him in. IMG_20181205_091040.jpegIMG_20181205_091149.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

On 11/14/2018 at 6:22 PM, Gill-T said:

I think someone should start a venison dish thread. Tonight’s dinner was a venison roast cooked for 6 hours in a crock pot with two cans of Progresso beef barley cans of soup. Outstanding!

Had this Sunday.  My wife added carrots, onions, and potatoes, and made gravy from the liquid.  Was very good. Thanks for the recipe!

Go shoot a buck now, Tommy!

I must have hit my scope on Saturday when swapping out an SD card because the zoom ring is frozen at 2x (on a variable 1-4.5x Bushnell Banner). I have no clue as to why, or how to get it unstuck. At the very least, I need to take a shot to make sure the scope is on prior to using it in the field. Luckily, beyond this weekend it won't matter and I can get it taken care of during the off season. I may not even hunt with it, if I'm in rifle country. Still, sucks...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gator said:

Go shoot a buck now, Tommy!

I must have hit my scope on Saturday when swapping out an SD card because the zoom ring is frozen at 2x (on a variable 1-4.5x Bushnell Banner). I have no clue as to why, or how to get it unstuck. At the very least, I need to take a shot to make sure the scope is on prior to using it in the field. Luckily, beyond this weekend it won't matter and I can get it taken care of during the off season. I may not even hunt with it, if I'm in rifle country. Still, sucks...

That blows I was holding it .... or did you do that before you asked me to hold your gun? Lol

December 5 pm

36 degrees
WSW wind 5-10 mph
Partly sunny

Quietly snuck into the stand this afternoon about 2-230 ish. Woods was dead silent for the entire sit. About to get out of the stand at 5 and here comes a train of does. 8 of them. Nose to tail. From bedding through the hardwoods and right to the cut corn. They trapped me in the stand until 535.
Leaving sounded like walking on potato chips.

IMG_20181205_151852093.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app