Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

The area and does are good to hold that chief buck so another one will love to fill his shoes.

Id travel far if it was the last chance to get laid for the year.

Gotta love the late season never before seen monster buck.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app
So true on the above comment!!
"Ocho" was a stud for sure!! Sorry you didn't punch your tag with him but happy for the lucky gentleman who did!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Whoa that a beauty!  I must be hunting a different state..:) clearly shows what age can do.  It's a tough game getting attached to free range bucks. Iv been there.  Hope the guy worked as hard as you did to get him.   I lost one to a weekend Wally that spends 3 days a year in the woods and 0 time practicing he took a hell mary on a push and hit it in the ass.  That's a tough one to swallow knowing how much time i put in and obsessed over him. 

No doubt another one will fill his tracks.  AndI'm sure we are all guilty of shooting someone elses buck. 

Edited by HOLY DIVER

at camp this past weekend at the top of the mountain , figured ide bring my climber down w/ me on my way back to the cabin ...got to love those bears PART_1544188624177_IMG_20181201_111038536.thumb.jpg.5d9fa06f5514f8c0f8149ee27c34c837.jpgPART_1544188640171_IMG_20181201_111059772.thumb.jpg.05181fecc45c089cdde3b8a3791804ea.jpg, not much left of my nice padded seat  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, manatee said:

at camp this past weekend at the top of the mountain , figured ide bring my climber down w/ me on my way back to the cabin ...got to love those bears PART_1544188624177_IMG_20181201_111038536.thumb.jpg.5d9fa06f5514f8c0f8149ee27c34c837.jpgPART_1544188640171_IMG_20181201_111059772.thumb.jpg.05181fecc45c089cdde3b8a3791804ea.jpg, not much left of my nice padded seat  

seen a climber stand that looked like that once years ago,, hope its still usable,,

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that, Matt...."Ocho" is a stud for sure!  You definitely put in the time and effort this season, even when the rest of us were sidelined because of the weather.  Good luck the rest of the season, hope you are able to punch a tag soon.

Hunting in the thick stuff tonight, fresh tracks all over. Only problem is the wind wont make up its mind. Was covered up with flatheads a week ago in here. Hopefully theres a big boy around to come sniff them out. Will be on doe patrol tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, dvdegeorge said:

Good luck 

Patiently waiting for Monday 

Me too.  Filled my buck tag second morning of rifle and been very patiently waiting for Monday for what seems like forever.  Going to hunt 9 afternoons straight for a big one.  Good luck everybody this weekend who's still out there trying to fill a tag.  

I shoot CVA Acura V2 topped with a Nikon Inline XR BDC scope,with 290g Barnes with 120g of Blackhorn powder. Absolutely love everything about the whole setup! Only gun I use all season. Only one deer tonight, snuck behind me and never got a good look at its head. Tomorrow will be doe day!

• Like 1

What kind of muzzle loaders are you guys using? Dont know a ton about them and would like to have one for next year. Wish i would have got one before this season so i could get it sighted in and get comfortable. I will probably try to get one after the holidays. Any suggestions? What about ammo? 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

CVA Accura v2 with the nitride barrel. Awesome gun! I shoot the blackhorn also. Make sure you buy the special blackthorn breech plug. I only shoot 105 grains of powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1