Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

O man funny story. We were sitting this morning and I saw a pilated woodpecker land right above us. I look at zack n hes just looking at a squirell. N it's dead quiet l, that woodpecker hit the tree and he almost fell right out if his chair!! I was dieing laughing!!! He goes I thought someone was shooting a machine gun at us!!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So no kills! 2 finally come out behind us. I get him on them n was like shoot. He's like I don't see them. They are like 100yds. How cant u see them. So hes moving around and they him. Im like hurry up they see you . so hes like i cant see thru the scope.. So I grabbed the gun and he fogged up the scope. . So I clean it off and give it back and Deer were over the crest. Lol. By the time he got back on them!!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Sometimes the process is more important than the result Joe....I'm sure he is learning from it and he is out there with you doing it....that is the most important part:smile:

• Like 1

Well had a bunch of doe crossing the trail I walked in on at 150 yards. Finally decided to try on the next one that crosses. Squeezed one off but not sure of a hit because of the smoke. Walked up and pink blood and white hair all over. Problem is looked like possibly guts as the blood was real thick like a rope. Not intestate, I think it just froze almost instantly. Giving her time then going back to look. Would be the hardest doe I ever took. Fingers crossed.

Great thread Rob, enjoyed reading it, think it may have been a bit tamer than last years. I had a successful season but seeing my daughter harvest her first bow buck made my year. She is 30 and started hunting 4 years ago. The buck came from behind her and she first saw it standing at the base of her ladder, she was so excited she couldn't draw the bow back on her first attempt - the buck never saw her and moved WAY out to 8 yards where she put the arrow in right beside the spine and out the opposite shoulder. She made a perfect placed shot and he only went 30 yards, just out of her sight which made her pretty nervous. I came to help her look for it and her excitement was contagious. She waited in her stand for an hour for her fiance and I to get there and had a second larger buck walk under her while she waited. to top it off she gutted it herself like it was her 20th deer.

I also stalked a standing cornfield and snuck up on a sleeping coyote at 20 yards, as I lowered my gun from giving him a dirt nap a second one jumped into the same row at 10 yards running for his buddy, piled that one on top of the first one.

As I always say "I'd rather be lucky than good"

Merry Christmas to all

• Like 1

Had a great day yesterday saw two shooter bucks one of which I walked up on in his bed with 4 others .. never gave me the shot just flash of his tail the left beam of his rack then coming out of the woods at 4:45 a huge nine that I have on camera was standing in the road actually scared the crap out of me when he blew his nose at me ... ugh then today cold sit tried to move but so crunchy had to freeze.. never saw a hair,, great first season for me in 4 years two deer in the freezer.. life is great live to hunt another day .. already looking forward to next year!!!! Merry Christmas and happy new year !! See you all in the spring or on the ice! Tommy B

Edited by Eastforkmarine
  • Like 2

December 18 pm

25 degrees
NW wind 5-15
Partly sunny

Interesting last sit to say the least. Had a shooter along with two other bucks show up together to the cut corn just before 4. 20 minutes later a coyote would scare the three of them off and of course they ran the other direction. I can't believe 3 bucks together would be that bothered by a single coyote but what do I know.
Had six other deer in the field when I left.

I guess that's it 2018.

IMG_20181218_155131586_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app