Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

Just got back from Costanza sausage. 8 day turn around !! Smoked Hungarian , pepperoni , smoked jalapeno cheese sausage. And can't forget the apple sausage. I love deer season !! Good luck tomorrow to all looking to fill that tag !!!
IMG_20181115_190609.thumb.jpeg.a65de5891caad182bb68afdeedd0b632.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We are going to be eating good in the Adirondacks this week! [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

16 hours ago, bettieanne said:

Finally a cold morning. For the first time i have had to resort to the cross bow. After last nights, yet another failed attempt with the compound. The one i been dreaming of gave me a 30 yrd shot.stickers an kickers... An smack goes my limb on the shootin rail, arrow feel way short of the mark. This ladder stand has literly costed me 3 good onesemoji2959.pngemoji35.png its got the rail around it, good for takin the kids, bad for dad...yes, new stand will be goin up in this location next yr. He was the 6th mature buck within range, by far the most quality deer i have seen in one bow season over the almost 20 yr of bow hunting. Bac to this creeky stand this morning. Big guy didnt spook am almost got another poke at em. With all my troubles this year i can only laugh about last night. What can go wrong has gone wrong. Lol Also for the first time i fell from my tree.. wear your harnesses, i was rushin as i came bac from camp an wanted to get bac out and said, no i dont want to take the time. I am just greatful to still be able to be out here enjoyin mother nature, will keep on keeping on. Down to 3 sits for bow....

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

jeez!  you will get him!   did you fall out of the ladder stand? 

Nothing like listening to someone sight in their gun at 6;50! Hell what am I thinking they probably shot a deer, close enough to the right day.20181116_065650.thumb.jpeg.c9e6a01076433ec7c707ee1ad7f67647.jpeg

I heard it also. I'm south of you a mile.
You win the punctuality award today. I thought I was early but I drove past your truck before 6 and you must of already headed in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

47 minutes ago, JakeyBaby said:

Yea, I headed in early. Had a 3/4 of a mile walk in, reached the stand a 5:45. Zero movement yet, going to throw everything I got at them today, might even rattle even though I cant ever get it to work.

This made me chuckle. I was bowhunting the Southern tier about 25 yrs ago and hadn't had a shot all season--but was leaving the next day to bowhunt Illinois(back then you could still get free permission). I was feeling sorry for myself as my "streak" of filling my NY Buck bow tag was going to end at 10 yrs. The buck to doe ratio  down there at that time seemed to be 100 to 1 in favor of the does. 

My last NY bowhunt that year it was 70 degrees on a late October afternoon. As I climbed the hill to my chosen stand , I said to myself "I'm gonna pull out all the stops". I had a set of rattling horns with me that were large OH sheds--more appropriate for the midwest than that area at the time. I threw common sense and caution to the wind every 20 mins as I cracked those large antlers together on the edge of an in woods apple orchard. Around 430 pm the most bad ass 1.5 yr old Buck came strutting in stiff legged and I swear hair standing up. He literally came to the base of the tree, and I put a perfect shot on him. He bolted up the hill, and collapsed--rolling right back to the base of the tree. I literally had to climb over him when I got down. He was a "NY 11", a perfect 6 inch matching spike, LOL. To this day it is the smallest racked buck I've ever taken but one of the most memorable. Back then most of the landowners still permitted bucks only, and of course everything has changed for the better since then. 

Good luck to all the last day bowhunters! I've only taken a couple on the last day but they are most satisfying. Today I'm prepping to get my brother out for an all dayer tommorrow. Being in a wheelchair he's only good for one of those a season.          

• Like 1

Joe, i sat in the stand for several hours. I went to stand up to gather my suff to call it a nite and when i did the botton gave way.. was a hang on stand with the steel cables,a fold up. Luckly for me when i hung the set i was short on steps and only set it about 18 ft. When i hit the ground i layed there an thanked the lord that i was ok. Just layed there and looked up at my bow on the holder and said dam i need that for the mornin hunt tomaro.... bac up i went. Will be relpacing all with cables in the off season. Gona repace with linked chain... an yea the buck was the one i sent u pics of earlier this year. [emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961] just not my year!!! Fresh start in the am with the knight...now that the deer feel safe around me!!!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Woke up this morning to 18” of snow. Took me over 2 hours to get driveway clean. I put all Bow equipment away and got everything laid out for tomorrow’s opener. Then my phone rang .....

My prime land down South received 14” of snow and it’s still snowing. (Usually never has this much until late muzzleloader season) there is No way to make it to camp (over 6 miles up the mountain on a slate and dirt road)

Plan B.

Drove over to property 2 by the house and the loggers are out there doing their thing. I stopped and talked to them and they will be working through the weekend

Plan C.

I have one more property to hunt but it normally isn’t any good during gun - but hey it’s better than nothing ....

Good luck to everyone out today and that makes it out this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

A foot of snow at my place and only 6" at our land by Brockport. South of here's worse yet. I spent two hours shoveling, then went for a quick walk at the property. Other than seeing very few sets of fresh tracks from this morning, I think we're good to go for tomorrow. The piece of 2" PVC that I used to prop up the ground blind from inside worked excellent, not that I'll ever hunt it. It's a blind specifically for taking kids out. Three years running now, my buddy has shot a deer from it with his youngster in tow during crossbow (last year with a propane heater running  :o). I myself like to be in a tree, up high where they can see me from a long ways away, so they don't bother me and I can play on my iPhone :rofl:.

Got to my stand late and had just got settled when six doe coming screaming thru the woods right to me big boy in tow. They cane in to five six yards he ran and stopped at 33 behind a tangle of trees. No shot I could throw up. Does moves on and so did he

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United