For Trade Navionics+ Map Card For Lakemaster NE Card

I bought this Navionics+ Regions East map card last summer. I never use it because I prefer my Lakemaster card. It works as it should, and maybe my old Gen 2 HDS8 is the reason it doesn't show the detail that my Lakemaster card shows. So, I'm looking to trade my Navionics Map card for a Lakemaster Northeast card. My Navionics card is a mini SD card inside a standard SD card adapter. It comes in the original hard case with a Navionics thumb drive. I've never used the thumb drive so I don't know what is on it. I last updated the card in June. I'm located in the Watertown, NY area and I prefer a face to face trade.

IMG_20180911_192809.thumb.jpg.f0b07daa42cd27941a5537a027b361af.jpg

IMG_20180911_192838.thumb.jpg.54920ff7c2d7bd8e808ff763f27f5a1e.jpg

IMG_20180911_192905.thumb.jpg.9e48ecee4a7975f3764e4a111595178b.jpg

19 hours ago, Todd in NY said:

It comes in the original hard case with a Navionics thumb drive. I've never used the thumb drive so I don't know what is on it.

You are to use the thumb drive to update the card. There should be a slot on the side of the drive for the card. New, not registered cards of the + can go up to $150.00. New, but registered, are going for under $100.00 only because you can no longer get the free updates for a year. Going by when it was registered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bait Bucket said:

You are to use the thumb drive to update the card. There should be a slot on the side of the drive for the card. New, not registered cards of the + can go up to $150.00. New, but registered, are going for under $100.00 only because you can no longer get the free updates for a year. Going by when it was registered.

Thanks. My laptop has an SD card slot that I used for the updates, by inserting the card directly into the laptop.

It might just be my HDS 8 unit's lack of features, but I never noticed anything useful after the updates. I got the card to show me bottom contours, hazards, and navigational aids. It showed all that stuff just fine, and it seemed like none of that information changed after the updates. I think the newer Lowrance units can squeeze more information from this card than my old HDS.

It works in my Humminbird 1198c SI unit. I took a screen shot of I-Bay this morning. I just finished working on my 4 wheeler and just saw your post for Oswego. I can take a pic of Oswego if you'd like, just for comparison sake. But another LOU member made me a good offer by PM, and I'm getting ready to PM him back.

I-Bay on Navionics + Regions East, Humminbird 1198c

IMG_20180922_132520618.thumb.jpg.804973bc77393c2220a16e1c408024f1.jpg

For whatever reason, the map details and depth contours are MUCH better on the Finger Lakes and Oneida Lake than they are on Lake Ontario. For example, it shows 1ft depth contours on Oneida Lake, and similar contours on the Finger Lakes.