Spent some time trolling the front of the Genesee river yesterday morning in 50-70 fow.  Wasn't until I got in much closer did I see some action.  Around noon they hit one after another.  Took three like this, 2 at 18 lbs and 1 at 19 lbs.  All on FF with riggers set to 22-24' and 28-30' in the 35-38 fow range.  Ran green/yellow, green/black/white flies with silver/green spiney and silver/blue flashers.  They were not picky.  It was nice that there were only a few other boats there at that time.  A hot day out there with some unexpected action. You can see in one picture I'm due to upgrade my net! 

GOPR0828-3.jpg

GOPR0830.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, baitballin86 said:

great catch did you troll the mouth of the river?

There were tons of kings jumping around the piers and no boats or guys on the piers hooking up.  Things cleared out quick on the pier. 

The Temperature in the River dropped into the low sixties last week (as reported downtown at Ford Street).  They could have headed up on that, but it was also very muddy.  As of today it is back up into the low seventies.

Edited by Lucky13

I was pretty much straight out from the mouth of the river in 35-40 fow.  A lot of boats when I first got there but nothing happening so I went deeper.  Trolled back in the shallower area around noon as I was hanging it up for the day and that's when it turned on.  Glad I passed thru again.  Can't imagine that will last long.

On 9/17/2018 at 1:07 PM, baitballin86 said:

I fished Saturday out in front in the genny with everyone else bite was no existent. Headed out in 80 to 120 with no luck either. I think the first run  was short and they are already up at seth green.

Have you hit anything at seth green yet? was thinking of going down that way from shore saturday morning.

• Like 1