the 2 blade RAGE buck

HOLY DIVER

Exit hole

1019081720a.jpg

I know it’s not a monster so you can laugh all you want!!!! Just trying to get my tags filled so I can get back on the boat…. Anyhow I have used muzzy 3 blades for ever and decided to switch it up to Rage 2 blades this year iam very imprested they do shot like a field point and this 6pt did not take 10 steps after a 24yd pass-through shot and drop DEAD without a struggle in less then 1min …. I know any double lung shot with any broadhead would most likely kill the dear but I have never seen a deer die that fast from the arrow

The only bad thing I found with the rage heads is that it does not take much jarring around to make the blades pop out so you have to constantly check and pop the back in oh and they will not go in to a foam quiver but I found a quick fix for that is to take the foam out of your quiver…..

SharkBait

I made the switch from muzzys (90 gr 4 blade) to 2 blade rage as well. I have killed many deer with the muzzys but with the coyote problem at camp we can not leave a deer over night we have to recover it in the dark. We have found with double lung hits with the muzzys the blood trail does not start to get heavy for a fairly long distance and if the deer gets in the heavy cover it makes for a tough recovery at night. My hope from what I read, is to get a better blood trail and hopefully a shorter blood trail as well. Congrats on the buck and as long as it made you happy to harvest him then it was a great bow kill!!!

Hunt Hard Hunt Safe

Gene

Rob

I agree but these are different than the old style mechanicals especially concerning penetration. I must say I don’t like mechanical arrow rests anymore than you like mechanical broad heads so I guess we all have different tolerances to different things. I had a fall away fall out of tune on a friends bow at camp once and it gave me fits all weekend to get it right so he lost some hunting time. I can put a whisker biscuit on a bow and get it shooting great in 20 minutes tops. I have watched Phil Race set up those fall away rests and get them to shoot perfect but I don’t have a hooter shooter at camp. If I am down at camp for a week and something goes wrong with a fall away I would go nuts. You do have to pay attention to the blades on the rage broad heads but from the research I have done they are worth it. These old eyes need a little more blood on the ground when we are tracking at night.

Gene

Guys, I've talked with a DEC ECO because the question keeps coming up in my hunters ed classes (archery). As long as the blades retract they are legal even though the blades may be "barbed" shaped. if fixed and barbed they are not leagal.

The intent is for the deer to be able to dislodge the arrow in a non-fatal wounding shot. I cringe even typing the words "wounding" shot ... but it happens ...

Yankee Clipper hit the nail on the head - if you use mechanical blades, they cannot remain "barbed" and must be able to retract and pivot into their original position.

Scroll to pages 20-21 of the NYS DEC manual (link below)

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf ... ebiggm.pdf

- Chris

Nice Buck.....You can't eat horns, no matter how big they are! With that said I think its all about the experience, you can shoot a P&Y if that is what makes hunting rewarding for you or you can kill a spike. It is all respectable in my eyes.

I'm glad to see you got a respectable buck, as in bowhunting and everyone mentions here it is a thrill to be that close to any deer be it doe or young buck, which eats better anyway, horns are nice but if you hunt for hours upon hours and see little or no horns like I do then after a couple of years of that you can be satisfied that you made a great shot as well as picked a good stand and everything came together to provide the perfect ending to a great hunt and that is recovering the deer and enjoying the fruits of your labor.

That being said, now I will let you all know I did my part to rid the woods of the inferior horn genes, once again. A good snack for a main course later....

gxhfjeS.jpg

Mark

looks to me that those inferior genes are way back in the woods ,speaking of inferior genes wheres the banjo,oh you ment the deer opps.Ok now ya got the pressure off go down the road ( or clean out the wifes bedroom )and pick up 200 beer cans and send them nickles to blue eyes and become a profesionel like me so we can bash each other without all the delay .

The banjo is leanin on the tree. Played it fer the deer thats in the pic there. One string (g) and BOING.....sound of that he just layed down and died.. guess I can't play too good....Ok I'll git the beer cans collected up but I gotta git 200 more than I got so I'll see if there is more around corning somewheres...rumour has it , I might find a treasure pile...If only you could give me the GPS data....somethin tells me it's near yer canine lodge..then I can become a professional basher too :lol: