Wanted Islander

8 hours ago, mxwarren said:

I messaged him. I think the Starcraft might have a better hull, although I've never seen that model of sea nymph in person before.

I have an 87 sea nymph... Bulletproof hull. I think that one listed is well worth a look.

It is a heck of a deal. You can do a lot with other with 3k play money

44 minutes ago, Chuck C said:

go to page 3 I have 20sea OX in your price rang

I already have a 22 Starcraft Bluewater. I used to have a 86 191 Islander and want to go back to a lighter boat.

4 hours ago, Ready or Knot said:

My buddy saws there is a 22 ft on facebook. Think it was 6000 ?

Is there a way to post the link?  Thnx

3 hours ago, mxwarren said:

My buddy has a sylvan, the ride can be very "rough."

That's not really a very informative statement. These boats are light weight aluminum boats: easy to tow ,easy on gas, and relatively inexpensive when they are a bit older. They don't crush a big rolling sea like a heavy glass boat but as long as you are prudent they are very comfortable under normal conditions. I have had one for over 10 years and fish a lot.

38 minutes ago, chowder said:

That's not really a very informative statement. These boats are light weight aluminum boats: easy to tow ,easy on gas, and relatively inexpensive when they are a bit older. They don't crush a big rolling sea like a heavy glass boat but as long as you are prudent they are very comfortable under normal conditions. I have had one for over 10 years and fish a lot.

A set of trolling bags off the bow pulls them right down in and makes them much more fish able in big water

3 hours ago, chowder said:

Sorry what I meant by that was the sylvans share the same basic hull has the 21ft Islander which is more of a modified v hull. On my home waters of the central basin of Erie thats not the optimal hull design on our erie chop.

19 hours ago, fishmaster13184 said:

A set of trolling bags off the bow pulls them right down in and makes them much more fish able in big water

I've got sandbags in the nose of mine favoring the side w/o the kicker. Works wonders in the same way and helps get out of the hole too.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:36 PM, mxwarren said:

Looking for a good condition 19 or 22ft Islander. Looking to spend $5000-6000. Searched craigslist but not finding anything.

Found these while looking for a friend who is in the market. Figured I would pass em along since I have no relationship with any of these sellers. Their out there. Good Luck in your search.

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/boa/d/starcraft-islander-221/6682538043.html

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/boa/d/1992-starcraft-islander-221/6672621707.html

https://erie.craigslist.org/boa/d/1994-starcraft-islander-191/6701092555.html

Edited by GrumpyFisherman