2019 LOTSA Salmon School Registration

Jan. 19, 2019 is the date for the Lake Ontario Trout and Salmon Association’s (LOTSA) popular Salmon School – a full day of in-depth instruction for diehard salmon trollers looking to up their game by learning from three of the lake’s best captains. The 2019 School will feature Capt. Pete Alex of Vision Quest Sportfishing, Capt. Matt Yablonsky of Wet Net Sportfishing and Capt. Andy Bliss of Cold Steel Sportfishing and Chasin’ Tail Adventures. Once again, the school is held in conjuction with the Greater Niagara Fishing and Outdoor Expo to be held Jan. 18-20, 2019 at the Conference and Event Center Niagara Falls.

Registration is now available through the LOTSA website at www.lotsa1.org. It’s not too early to register for this unique instruction. Last year, the class sold out at its earliest date ever before 2017 ended. Cost to attend is $85 which also includes all three days of the Expo, your LOTSA membership, a hot lunch and beverages for the day. New in 2019 will be a 1 hour meet-and-greet with the captains including free drinks and snacks on Friday night. Don’t miss the boat on this one, sign up early. For information on the Expo check out www.niagarafishingexpo.com.

• Like 1

Jan. 19, 2019 is the date for the Lake Ontario Trout and Salmon Association’s (LOTSA) popular Salmon School – a full day of in-depth instruction for diehard salmon trollers looking to up their game by learning from three of the lake’s best captains. The 2019 School will feature Capt. Pete Alex of Vision Quest Sportfishing, Capt. Matt Yablonsky of Wet Net Sportfishing and Capt. Andy Bliss of Cold Steel Sportfishing and Chasin’ Tail Adventures. Once again, the school is held in conjuction with the Greater Niagara Fishing and Outdoor Expo to be held Jan. 18-20, 2019 at the Conference and Event Center Niagara Falls.
Registration is now available through the LOTSA website at www.lotsa1.org. It’s not too early to register for this unique instruction. Last year, the class sold out at its earliest date ever before 2017 ended. Cost to attend is $85 which also includes all three days of the Expo, your LOTSA membership, a hot lunch and beverages for the day. New in 2019 will be a 1 hour meet-and-greet with the captains including free drinks and snacks on Friday night. Don’t miss the boat on this one, sign up early. For information on the Expo check out www.niagarafishingexpo.com.

Looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice job Joe- and congrats to LOTSA for another sold out show.  It's a great event and I would highly encourage all LOU members to attend this year.  My family and I always have a great time at this show.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know what the check-in procedure is for the LOTSA Salmon school? I'm on the list as attending. Anything else needed?

Also any recommendations for parking. Will be driving there Sat AM.

Thanks

Below is a copy of the email that Joe Yeager from LOTSA just sent out. This should answer your question

Guys - I've included below the email you should have received on 12/16 with all of the details about the School. This should answer most of your questions. When you arrive at the Show enter thru the main door. At the ticket Booth please let them know your part of the Salmon School. They will have the registration list and take care of getting you your 3 day pass and Salmon School badge. You will need the Salmon School Badge to participate in the Meet & Greet event Friday night at 7pm and for entrance on Saturday including lunch.  Pete, Andy and Matt have developed a very robust class and are excited about delivering it to you. We will need the full 6 hours on Saturday to get thru it all so we will be very prompt starting and with our breaks. They have requested that if you speak with them on Friday at the session, that you ask some of your burning questions to make sure you get them addressed to your satisfaction.

Joe

Sent from my VS995 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had a great time yesterday at the show with family yesterday - drive home was ok for us, left a little before storm hit.  My two daughters made out like bandits getting all sorts of kids stuff including free rods and reels just for showing up!  I picked up a couple new show specials there to try this coming year (Koyte Ugly flashers, NK Spoons, etc.).  It was great getting to see and talk with everyone.  Looking forward to Spring now already!  :yes:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The LOTSA Officers and Board of Directors would like to Thank everyone who helped to make the Greater Niagara Fishing & Outdoor Expo successful again this year. Despite the worse weather we have had by far since 14 years ago when we started the show in the 4H building in Lockport, the Exhibitors all made it to the show and many hardy fishermen braved the elements to attend and enjoy all that it had to offer.

We would thank the following for making this a success:

1. Pete Alex, Andy Bliss and Matt Yablonsky for continuing the tradition of delivering a high quality Salmon School to a sold out crowd of 170 students. Those who attended are looking forward to tweaking their 2019 Salmon program with what they learned from Pete, Andy and Matt.

2. The many LOTSA volunteers that helped with the LOTSA Booth on the floor, delivered some seminars, worked with the Salmon School instructors to build the Salmon School and take registrations, helped out at the Meet & Greet & Friday evening along with everything from check in to cleanup for the School on Saturday. Just like they do for Pen Rearing, these Volunteers are one of the reasons we all are able to enjoy the Lake Ontario King Fishery!

3. The Conference & Event Center for managing the operations of the whole show, providing attendees with the opportunity to attend a huge amount of Free Fishing Education, hosting the Salmon School Meet & Greet, providing attendees with a “state of the art” room to deliver the Salmon School in along with and excellent lunch, advertising the Salmon School and booking most of the top Lake Ontario related Trout & Salmon manufacturers as Exhibitors in the Event Center.

4. The Lake Ontario Trout & Salmon oriented manufacturers who support the Lake Ontario fishing community by Exhibiting at the show, talking with us about their latest gear, delivering seminars and offering us show pricing either directly or thru their retail outlets at who are also Exhibitors at the Show.

5. This year's Salmon School Product Sponsors which contributed to the student bags and associated raffles (including raising funds for Pen Rearing) . A big shout out to these folks. Some are new and some have been very loyal sponsors of the school year after year. We cannot thank them enough.

Dreamweaver Lures*
FishUSA*
A-Tom-Mik Flies and Meat Rigs*
Torpedo Wire*
Great lakes Angler*
Pro Troll*
Michigan Stinger*
Slide Diver*
Addya Hooks
Pautzke
Atlas Mikes Bait Company
Yakima