Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Went out of Sampson this morning for a quick trip aboard Reel Stories. The wind was certainly blowing pretty good when we put in a six rod spread about 7:15 and the lake still had a bump to it when we quit at about 10:15. We picked away at them from the start and then Nick said there's one, oh we're doubled, haha a triple, no wait that's 4...nope 5. That's right 5 out of the 6 rods fired giving me, Greg and Nick some laughs .... we managed to land them all. Capt. Nick was on his game today, we never changed a bait with all six rods taking fish this morning. I didn't count but i'm guessing we landed about 15 fish and the biggest Lamprey I've ever seen. Great morning on the water and fishing with good friends always makes it better.

• Like 3

Well I would like to say it was due to our stellar abilities...lol....but truth be known, we left two in the rod holders until we could get to them and they stayed buttoned up. haha  Although we each were on our own while we were fighting and landing the first three.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Looseeye’s Seneca and Cayuga 8/10-14 Running Report

First time out and I am reporting as promised.   Just got back from fishing out of Sampson Marina. Headed to the Nwest side of the lake to try to play the winds which have kept me on the trailer since arrival. Ran a spoon program hoping for silver at 2-2.4mph. No silver but Landed 4 lakers. One with a lamprey which was promptly made into two and “released”. All fish looked really healthy, released well and swam away strong. Headed in at 11 when things got rough and I got hungry.   Was ple

in Finger Lakes Discussion

• Brown trout in Seneca and Cayuga

what would be the better lake to target brown trout in Cayuga or Seneca? I will be on Seneca fishing Sunday mainly for silvers but wouldn't mind to tangle into a brown trout or 2 , would the north end or south end have a better chance of producing ? I'm just looking for a finger lakes trophy brown not so much into the numbers game if that helps any 

• Seneca/Cayuga Advice

Hi folks! Well it’s been another year since I last posted and likewise I last visited the area. My trip went well last year. I only fished Seneca and despite coming a week or two after the flood we still managed some good catches between storms.   I have been following everyone’s reports so thank you everyone. That’s said, I had a few questions I was hoping someone might be so kind as to answer.   Setback from ball and ball type? Any thoughts? I will be bringing sharks both black and silv

• Seneca 8/4

Went out of Roy’s and trolled south. Went 8/8 got blown off after two hours. Fish were down about 117. Grease traps with a single gambler were the ticket. 1.4-1.6 down speed. All were pretty decent size today!     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Seneca South 7/10-7/11 (salmon bite)

Got out around 730am Tuesday and fished the west side.  Didn't mark much bait/arcs in shallow so worked out deeper and across towards east side, started marking more fish and got bites off the deeper rigger.  Went 3/4 all salmon.  17incher went in the cooler, 2 dinks went back and a long distance release on another legal size silver.  All fish off rigger at 55ft on green ladderback spoon behind vertical green blades...   Made it out earlier today and it made a big difference.  On the w