1st Annual Tim Farmer Memorial Fishing Tournament

wallaholic

I received a phone call about a week ago and was asked from one of my old friends if I wanted to fish in the derby this weekend.  It was scheduled for 09/22/2018.  Tim Farmer was a local from Pillar Point who was an avid outdoorsman and had a love for family and kids.  He had a passion for Pop Warner football and spent years coaching.  50 plus anglers registered and decided to battle the aftermath of Friday to Saturday mornings wind machine.  When the wind decided to switch it reversed the tops of the swells and was one hell of a washing machine out there.  One problem not only was the wind and waves but the battle of the floating weeds and debris.  We moved a few times and reports from all the other teams was Black River bay, Guffins, Chaumont, Three Mile, Henderson were all dead.  This was much like the fishing on the walleye opener but the swells were much larger on the open lake and the wind cranked for a longer duration.  The results were as follows:  our boat netted 2 walleyes and weighed in at 1st and 2nd, one other walleye was weighed in and took 3rd.    I heard a very few others were caught but we didn't see them at the scale. They also had a bass division and payed 3 spots there.  Not sure what the winning bass was but I believe it was close to 6 lbs. A big pat on the back for our team of Myself,  Captain Jan Coburn, Eric Demianenko and Brian Monk.  All the cleaning and resetting of the lines and lures paid off.  Next year they are planning on having another tournament and the current talk is the proceeds will go to Pop Warner Football.   We encourage the participation, competition, and support.  I know I am looking forward to next year and seeing some new and friendly faces.  Sunday my son helped me clean out the Whaler and I hope the lake produces like it did this season.  I hate to see it come to an end and with bow season only 3 days and a wake up away I am totally unprepared for the opener.  Good luck this fall gang and see you all soon.  Thanks to all the volunteers at the Dexter Legion who put time and effort into the organization of the event.  

IMG_4355.thumb.jpg.5613658c0470192e065c16f19e3a0d12.jpg

• Like 1