Fat guy's getting a bigger boat!

Low Baller

22 minutes ago, Low Baller said:

You're a few of the guys that I've always paid attention to. I'm just waiting for the call to drive up for sea trials. Gonna need some help with this one. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Was kind of hoping pap jumped on board emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Be careful what you ask for lol,  Cmon Pap, bring it!

With all the rivets exposed, fill the hull with water. Look for weeping rivets or leakers. Fix them first. Check the transom brace for cracks. A good solid 3/4 inch decks next

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On 10/3/2018 at 10:36 AM, Low Baller said:

Well, looks like fat guy's sticking with his little boat. Deal fell through. Still in the market, but we'll see. Thanks for the input

What boat were ya lookin to buy?? Sorry guys I’ve been super busy getting my in laws place ready to be auctioned off!! Come Oct. 27. They lived in a nice size ranch house with a fully finished basement, and a full attic. Man O Man do those folks have stuff. They were old school folks and you know what that means!! They didn’t run to the store often, but when they did it was like Sams Club or BJ’s they stocked up on stuff!!! Plus my Father in Law had Tri- axel dump trucks for 38 years and a huge garage where we did most all repairs ourselves. There’s just so much stuff!!! We are like overwhelmed!!! The auctioneer is bringing 4-5 people interested in the house and his shop which is across the street on it’s own deed with well and septic. When he retired he was going to tune the shop into 4 nice size apartments. So that’s what I’ve been up to these days.

Hey pap, glad you're doing well. I was looking at the 22 Nymph. Long distance scheduling difficulties. Seems like a good deal, gentleman was straight forward. Just need to see and drive. I'll keep looking, just needed input on what to look for, pros and cons. Bunch of good folk on here. Good luck with your caos. Stay healthy.

Dang. Was hoping to see you grab that Nymph ! For the money, the sea nymph GLS is prob one of the best value boats out there. If you keep an eye out you should be able to find another in that price range. I have the open bow but can tell you she's a fishing machine and has a hull that can and will get you out of the snot when it creeps up on u, cause we all know it happens.

As far as the basics of boat shopping, all the standard look at stuff....motor / compression, transom, rivets, trailer, stringers if there, wiring, etc. I'm not the expert here but there's plenty of great guys on here with a wealth of knowledge that can help you with your shopping.

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1