Oneida Lake 10/22/08

Fished the west end tonight with doublehaul. First time wading since last year. Fished the shallow water with floating Rapalas from 6PM-8PM with not even a bump. Had a great time though and found out doublehaul really knows some great recipes. :D He's a super guy and I can't wait to fish with him again.

Temperature is important as SF said above, but another improtant thing is that the waves need to be hitting the shore you are casting/wading off of. I have not had much success wading & casting for Eyes unless the waves are pushing the bait into the shore.

Doublehaul;

Maybe it will just take some time for the lake to cool as said before. Eventually, you will get them from the shore. I have had some outings where you get one every other cast.

I am planning on going after them again early this Sunday by boat, if it isn't too wet. We are supposed to have a SW wind 15 to 20 Mph, so it could be a good trolling day.

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!!!!!

temp is where it should be ... around 53 ... but night shore fishing has "sucked" :x !! Durring the day you can grab some jigging or troling in deep water. Im still marking a lot of large pods of bait out there so my guess is that they are fat and happy in the deep water and don't need the effort to chase them into the shore. The bait is in shallow at night but not many eye's chasing them in yet :( !!- really late this year!