Harvest moon produces on the first fall casting trip

justtracytrolling

Decided I had to fish this moon this morning so I came up for my first night casting trip of the fall and Otisco didn't let me down.  Got set up by 10 and plugged away till the howling monsoon started near 2 with no results.  About the time I figured it had to improve or I'm done they started chewing.  We hooked over a dozen and kept 5.  Left one spot open in our limit hoping for something over 10lbs but I didn't happen.  I didn't throw anything but f18's.  Hopefully this is the start of a good fall!  Fish were all between 6 and 9 pounds.  Gotta earn em here but it's unbelievably rewarding when you finally get things to work out!

KIMG0174.JPG

• Like 2

6 - 8 maybe...but honestly I'm not certain I didn't even put a graph on the boat. I knew exactly where I was gonna drop my Minn Kota talon. I was just crawling f18s over the weeds in the top 6" of water. Bite was very light especially considering the wind.

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Big moon, big storm, big wind...all big factors...lol. In this case the bait size isn't related to fish size. On Otisco if you get into the right schools of fish they are all big. Get on a school of 3-4 lbers and they will take f18's no prob.

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Very nice, came out of the house in the evening with that wind and thought exactly what you were.......difference is......you made it happen......nice job..........work crazy for next 2 weeks, but I’ll be there, and I’ll touch base when I’m coming up,......till then, keep feeding them the big stuff.