Kings @ Niagara River Power Authority platform

They're definitely up in the Niagara in full force now. I showed up this morning to the platform, but only stayed for about 30 minutes because of the heavy rain that followed. Guys were pulling kings left and right off of the platform, especially at the bottom of the stairs when you first descend. You'll have to get there early to get in on it.

1 hour ago, H20chrome said:

Ocean rod, 50lb test, 3oz sinker, oversized hook, ohh and I almost forgot - green Mr. Twister, gotta have that on its key, thats the only thing they will "bite" on there LOL

Lol, did you see somewhere there with that? The guys I saw pulling them in had medium weight rods, and just a spawn sac on maybe a no. 1 hook.

90% of literally everyone on that platform had on a chartruese Mr. Twister in some form. 100% of the guys in that corner closest to the discarge were all snagging. older gentleman had a chartruese Mr. twister on a bare hook with a single bb size splitshot and a spring bobber set to 20 inches deep. Ive seen the salmon crowds but was just shocked to see the one on that platform chartruese Mr. twistering in harmony! hahaha what made me laugh was finally making the connection remembering in years past the dec fishing reports listing mr. twisters as one of the lures being used down there to catch salmon. I was there around noon on Saturday, prolly some guys actually fishing it in the morning while the waters still low

Edited by H20chrome

90% of literally everyone on that platform had on a chartruese Mr. Twister in some form. 100% of the guys in that corner closest to the discarge were all snagging. older gentleman had a chartruese Mr. twister on a bare hook with a single bb size splitshot and a spring bobber set to 20 inches deep. Ive seen the salmon crowds but was just shocked to see the one on that platform chartruese Mr. twistering in harmony! hahaha what made me laugh was finally making the connection remembering in years past the dec fishing reports listing mr. twisters as one of the lures being used down there to catch salmon. I was there around noon on Saturday, prolly some guys actually fishing it in the morning while the waters still low

Chartreuse seems to be the hot colour.
Got to match the hatch as they say. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app