Tohatsu 8hp fourstroke kicker with controllking

For sale: Tohatsu 8hp fourstroke tiller kicker. Great shape, runs very well. Electric start with alternator. Manual lift. Comes with a regular 3 blade prop and a 4 blade high thrust prop. It has a controllking controller. It will need a gas line with the connector(I forgot to take it off the old boat before I traded it in.) I used it for 2 or 3 summers. Best guess is 100ish hours. New lower unit and crankcase oils. $1200

I won’t ship it anywhere(because it would be insane to!), but can meet you within a reasonable distance. Currently located in Bloomsburg, Pa.

IMG_5778.JPGIMG_5777.JPGIMG_5776.JPGIMG_5779.JPG

Edited by codybuehler
Updated Price

Hank is right about the "S" being a short shaft. That 17.1" might be the maximum transom height for this motor.

Does this motor weigh 102 pounds like it says on that spec sheet? How many amps is the alternator? Some seem to be 6 amp and some are 12 amp systems.

Edited by Todd in NY

Hank is right about the "S" being a short shaft. That 17.1" might be the maximum transom height for this motor.

Does this motor weigh 102 pounds like it says on that spec sheet? How many amps is the alternator? Some seem to be 6 amp and some are 12 amp systems.

I’d say 102lbs seems like a stretch, but I bet that’s right. It’s got some weight to it, but I can move it around still. I had it on a Panther 4 stroke lift bracket so it didn’t feel like a lot of weight back there

It’s the 6amp. I remember looking up all the working amp loads for my gear to make sure it wasn’t too much.
  • Like 1

I don't know what year the motor is (maybe 2013?) or if they have changed (which I doubt) but my 2016 9.8 long shaft (20 inch) is about 90 lbs. If a motor has power trim and tilt it could be up there but Im not sure they offered it on the 8 HP

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...