FYI apparently Emperor Cuomo is at it again...

Sk8man

This will never fly. It disenfranchises  poor people,  and people on a fixed income. It will go the way of micro stamping and ammo background checks.

At last look, the rifle registration had about a 90% noncompliance rate, thousands of hand gun owners did not comply with the new 5 year registration. I have yet to hear the State Police rounding up non compliant firearms. And I, like many others buy all my ammo out of state online and have it shipped to my door.

If no one obeys, no one rules....

Only time will tell.

Edited by J.D.

During the recent primary he stated on TV  that the SAFE Act was only a start on gun control and that he intends to increase his efforts so nothing has changed in that regard. By the way I don't 'hang out" there... the article was sent by a friend. I figured it is something folks on here who own guns should know about BEFORE the next election. Not that it will make a difference as three of the downstate counties will determine the results again just like last time

Edited by Sk8man

And once again the Republican Party keeps giving us duds as candidates ...time to start a new party. “Which corrupt politician should I vote for?” should not be  our choice. 

If you injure someone with a firearm and it's non-intentional such as a hunting accident your homeowner or renters liability will likely provide you with liability coverage.  If you are involved in a self defense shooting situation it's going to be considered an intentional act and therefore your insurer will likely deny it. If you don't have something specific in terms of firearms liability in the self defense situation then you are probably facing a civil suit that could cost you everything should you lose.  The last attempts by Cuomo and the insurance department that I recall was to block companies from underwriting or offering firearm coverage which could be more problematic than requiring you to have it since you would have no means of obtaining coverage.  If you are a homeowner who hunts and does any type of target shooting you really should have a personal umbrella policy to provide excess liability should something happen.  

And once again the Republican Party keeps giving us duds as candidates ...time to start a new party. “Which corrupt politician should I vote for?” should not be  our choice. 
Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On October 3, 2018 at 12:23 PM, Gill-T said:

I think Marc is a great all around guy and a great candidate, I'm in a boardering  county from where he's from. There's two problems I see, one he's realarively young considering and not many people know him other than his area and two as stated previously, Cuomo has the NYC area in his pocket and that's a lot of votes

Edited by Firechief48

I'm pro-choice. Being gay is a form of love-not S E X.... The 2nd Ammendment is subject to every restriction all the other amendments are.  I hate grown-up boys who need "army guns" . I fish....AND I vote.  Ps...rate of gun deaths in  NY among LOWEST in the U.S..

Edited by katydid

2 hours ago, Firechief48 said:

I think Marc is a great all around guy and a great candidate, I'm in a boardering  county from where he's from. There's two problems I see, one he's realarively young considering and not many people know him other than his area and two as stated previously, Cuomo has the NYC area in his pocket and that's a lot of votes

I am an independent so please do not brand me as a liberal lefty, but when I hear your candidate Mark promise a 30% tax cut , it is clear to me that he believes the voters are stupid and ready to accept any hogwash that he can think of. He does this because he knows that he will loose and he will not have to live up to what he says.

18 hours ago, Gill-T said:

I still don’t get why nobody has called Cuomo out for corruption with his aides being found guilty 

You realize that the same goes for the guy in the white house.

Edited by rolmops

2 hours ago, katydid said:

I'm pro-choice. Being gay is a form of love-not S E X.... The 2nd Ammendment is subject to every restriction all the other amendments are.  I hate grown-up boys who need "army guns" . I fish....AND I vote.  Ps...rate of gun deaths in  NY among LOWEST in the U.S..

Congratulations, do you want a medal?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scott?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 11/4/2014 at 10:48 PM, Jimmyi said:

To those who never made an attempt to vote, don't complain when you see the things that this guy is going to do to us gun owners.  To those of us who voted for Astorino, all I can say is," we tried". 

If every sportsman/sportswoman in New York had voted for Astorino four years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation.  I worked with guys who hadn't voted in twenty years.  They were hunters and gun owners and did all kinds of complaining when Cuomo beat Astorino but they never bothered to register and vote.  Guys can get up at four or five in the morning and fish all day or sit in a tree stand but can't take ten minutes to vote. 

I'll be blunt, IT MAKES ME SICK.